Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Caporegime
You should know by now any time a small change is made or a patch is released, people play a few games encounter some lag and scream the game is broken.

You would think with a new game every year and P2P gaming people would know by now this is a connection lottery.

Soldato
You used to have games in MW2 where you would have either have a great connection or a bad connection, but now in MW3 it just seems that the connection is either playable or just plain bad.

I really hate being host now because everytime I quit because I can't touch people I'm usually the host, which to me makes no sense.

Soldato
As I said before, they have made it awful for the host now, being someone who gets host 9 times out of 10....its more than a bit depressing! I've barely been playing it, its so frustrating when you get host.

Caporegime
You used to have games in MW2 where you would have either have a great connection or a bad connection, but now in MW3 it just seems that the connection is either playable or just plain bad.

I've had that in COD4, MW2, Blops and this. Infact I've rarely been in a game where someone hasn't been talking about a player killing them round a corner, killing them seemingly in one bullet or having some unkillable **** on the other team.

I'm just used to it now. I really notice the difference when I go to play gears, I never feel i'm losing out to lag unless the dedicated servers are down or i'm not playing on them. Then it's like playing COD. :D

I prefer the host getting bummed, rather one player than 9 others because I never get host :D

Soldato
Well that's the thing I pull host 50% of the time or more and my connection is far from bad, but I'm being punished because one player (say from the USA) in a party of people has a bad connection to me because he's playing with a load of Brits (as an example). So to compensate for his crap ping I'm getting a ton of artificial delay thrown on to my connection, where as everyone else who has a good connection to me can drop me like normal because their ping is better then mine and I'm the ****ing host! :p

Soldato
I know because it passes the host over when I rage quit :p

You could used to tell easily at the beginning of the match who the host was as he is the only person in the game with 4 bars and everyone else is connecting to him, but in MW3 I don't believe it does this any longer (or I just haven't been quick enough to see). Even in the middle of the game when everybody is 3 bars the host is also 3 bars because of the lag compensation, so it's difficult to tell.

Back
Top Bottom