Apple Student Store

Soldato
Hiya

I've recently realised i'm able to get discounts on Apple goods. I'm studying for my ACCA so not actually at University.

I asked in the Apple store who advised they could give student discount in store, however they don’t do engraving. So I’ve looked online at the student section and it gives 3 options of either

University
Other Further Education
School/College

I selected Other Further Education but the prices seem to be the same price as the standard retail website. Is there any particular place to go through?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Hiya

I've recently realised i'm able to get discounts on Apple goods. I'm studying for my ACCA so not actually at University.

I asked in the Apple store who advised they could give student discount in store, however they don’t do engraving. So I’ve looked online at the student section and it gives 3 options of either

University
Other Further Education
School/College

I selected Other Further Education but the prices seem to be the same price as the standard retail website. Is there any particular place to go through?

You usually have to be on a university network to access the higher education store with the correct pricing.

Soldato
Yeah that's right.

If you are studying at a facility which is counted as Higher Education by Apple and has computers on a network that you can use, that's usually the only way you can place a discounted order. Otherwise it's instore, or over the phone.

Associate
Yeah that's right.

If you are studying at a facility which is counted as Higher Education by Apple and has computers on a network that you can use, that's usually the only way you can place a discounted order. Otherwise it's instore, or over the phone.

It is very much possible to place an order online from a non-university networked computer. I cannot for the life of me find the other thread on it right now but there is at least one or two pages on the interweb advising how as well. Google is likely to be your friend. Basically, you just need to know the URL, including a number that relates to a qualifying institution. That is exactly how I ordered mine and, although I am legit personally, I was a little surprised that they have not as yet asked for proof beyond just ticking a box to confirm eligibility.

Associate
You'll only be considered a student if you're studying for your ACCA full time. So if you're like me, part time study whilst full time work, I'm pretty sure you don't qualify for a student discount.

Soldato
I think it's about a 3% discount on iPads (Obviously depends on the model, will depend on physical amount saved.)

I got my 32GB 3G iPad 2 the other day for about £565 (can't quite work it out due to buying more than one thing in that purchase and VAT...)

So yeah roughly 2-3% discount.

kd

Associate
You'll only be considered a student if you're studying for your ACCA full time. So if you're like me, part time study whilst full time work, I'm pretty sure you don't qualify for a student discount.

Open University counts and few of their students could be considered full time. Though I am not sure if the rules are different for any other types of education.

Associate
You'll need to get an NUS Extra card which will also give you access to the Education store via a link. I am also working and studying for CIMA and that is how I access the education store

Associate
You'll need to get an NUS Extra card which will also give you access to the Education store via a link. I am also working and studying for CIMA and that is how I access the education store

Should not need to though, even if that is one way of doing it. On Apple's own website, if you choose the option for education it takes you here:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/education_routing

If you choose either the college or school options, it takes you to the store page with more modest discounts already showing on the prices of qualifying products. No other workarounds or phone calls would seem to be required for schools and colleges. Clearly you should not order if you are not a qualifying student but it is pretty unlikely that further checks will be performed.

However, if you choose the university option from a non-campus computer, you get sent here:

http://apple.procureweb.ac.uk/he-individual.html

But it is possible to access it from a home PC. Like I said before, Google is your friend but the key part is the number that you see in the URL, such as if you go to the school or college pages. This is the identifier for the qualifying institutions and again there does not appear to be any further checks. I ordered mine that way and have not been contacted to prove my status. There was just a tick box to confirm eligibility so the honour system seems to be in effect.

Back
Top Bottom