Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Associate
Cheers for the games last night guys the first 5 were horrible for hit registration particularly the first one on Downturn, but the last 5 were great. Apologies to MRLOL for the dropshotting.

I had my first play with the XM25 online as I was trying to make my Recon Pro. I could not work out how to clear a distance once you'd set one, maybe you can't.

And the difference between the two Ospreys is in the Assault one you're the gunner it drops 3 packages and the Support one drops 5 and the guns are auto.

Soldato
Have picked up as many XBL adds as I can from the last few pages, will do a mass add tonight. Played a few games with squerble/anticonscience on the weekend, we did pretty good!

Finally prestiged, with double XP managed to get from 1 > 38 in 3 hours gameplay, it flys by! 49/50 achievements done, getting 48 stars on spec ops is guna be a nightmare though :(

Hopefully grab a few games with y'all tonight!

Caporegime
Cheers for the games last night guys the first 5 were horrible for hit registration particularly the first one on Downturn, but the last 5 were great. Apologies to MRLOL for the dropshotting.

I had my first play with the XM25 online as I was trying to make my Recon Pro. I could not work out how to clear a distance once you'd set one, maybe you can't.

And the difference between the two Ospreys is in the Assault one you're the gunner it drops 3 packages and the Support one drops 5 and the guns are auto.

Yeah there were some good games last night.

The Ospreys really are silly, especially when you get it in a care package, then it drops more care packages and gives you an AC-130, lol.

Their idea of balancing is a bit off.

Associate
Does anyone know the best techniques for taking down recon drones and juggernoughts? Both get right on my moobs.

You want to be running Blind Eye so you don't get higlighted by an inverted chevron in the Drone then stinger is fastest or put down a banked SAM turret. You can just shoot it, but it isn't always easy when the hit detection is off. I should say that a SAM turret can be tagged and temporarily disabled, but I'm not sure everyone knows that yet.

For Juggers FMG-9 akimbos you can attack from the front, but point blank in the back is almost instant death. I had an awesome final kill cam where I chased one down with a silenced P90 shooting it in the back, but I didn't have recording on :o

Last edited:
Associate
Juggers are a nightmare to kill, never found that shooting point blank helps, but then shooting people point blank in this game does not necessarily mean a kill anyway:p
Is there any news on new maps? kinda heard a few bits a week or so ago, would be surprised if they were not planning something before crimbo.

Associate
The closer you are to a juggernaut you can turn with it point bank won't work with the wrong weapon. I had some fun with the Riot shield Jugger on Survival. I must have stabbed him in the back 10 or more times before I slipped up.

I saw on the COD Elite Tiwtter feed they are planning how to go about the Elite DLC.

Do you mean the bit about PS3 users getting boned again even if they're Premium Elite. I bet Glen and Bobert knew the truth when they were asked that before launch, but gotta shift them PS3 Hardeneds first.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Me too.

If they wish to implement this kind of thing in future COD games I may well make it my last game.

I just do not get the reasoning behind going from the wonder that was MW2 to the game that is MW3, and their desire to 'cripple' being host. If they have that much of an issue, and the pre-pubescent kids moaning about being on 0.5 Mb connections, then give dedicated servers for the game, but do not punish me for having a decent connection, which I got funnily enough to give me a better experience for playing COD online, but ironically I get a worse experience because of this ****!

Associate
Some of the special ops missions are a nightmare, I got 3 stars in all of the MW2 ones but this game seems quite a bit more difficult lol. Only started doing them, so far got veteran on little bros and milejack high easily enough, but can tell a few of them will take more then patience to get it.

Back
Top Bottom