Ipad but not an iPad - advice?

Associate
Just tried an iPad 2 when visiting a friend, and found it to be absolutely fabulous - it didn't play flash tho, which means its no use to me.

I'm looking for advice, experience of folks that have other manufacturer 'pads' - what do you suggest I consider as an alternative?

Cheers,

M

I personally found the Xoom to be buggy as hell. It's got a great spec sheet, but from what I've heard Motorola aren't that forthcoming with bug fixes.

So much so, my mate returned his under DSR and bought an iPad 2.

Associate
OP
Associate
I personally found the Xoom to be buggy as hell. It's got a great spec sheet, but from what I've heard Motorola aren't that forthcoming with bug fixes.

So much so, my mate returned his under DSR and bought an iPad 2.

Can't disagree as I don't know if my mate has had any bugs. Will ask him tomorrow. I guess it depends on what you need the tablet for.

Soldato
I thought I would miss flash when I got an iPod touch. It didn't bother me in the slightest.

I hardly think anyone would want flash for browser based games (that need a mouse anyway) when the iPad/IOS devices have millions in their app store to choose from that are optimised for the device.

I'm far from an Apple maniac, however... ruling out the tablet because of flash is just silly. Like I said. Hardly any websites are being developed around that anymore, it's old news. You certainly don't need it for games or Youtube. That's what apps are for.

There's plenty of reasons to consider going for an android tablet over the iPad. Higher res screen, more processing power, detachable keyboard... the list goes on. Flash... well it's just not a viable reason in my book.

Back
Top Bottom