US TV shows

Associate
ARGH just closed tab by accident after doing a big post.

Anyway in short -

Properly name threads (e.g. Breaking Bad Season 4)
use spoiler tags for any plot related content. This way if you haven't seen it yet it won't be spoiled and even if your behind UK airing dates you can still read the threads. (e.g. Episode 7 - spoiler tag - thoughts - spoiler tag-

This forums seems to be the only one I read that has such issues with spoilers. Everywhere else people use common sense and there are no issues.

Soldato
Yes, the law is stupid isn't it.

:rolleyes:

Is there actually a law stating you can't discuss unaired material in the UK?

I'd be massively shocked if this was the case, as one simple sentence in google can get me full episode reviews/synopsis'.

You can't police where and how somebody learnt information integral to an episode of television, whether they Torrented, Newsgrouped or watched a stream from a website or actually just read about it on one of the many episode review blogs.

I don't personally get it, yes this is a UK forum, but you can't realistically expect people to avoid discussion on a discussion forum because some people might not like spoilers, the tags are there. And as has been pointed out, we do have member's who live in america, so any 'law' pertaining to the discussion wouldn't be valid for them...

it's too vague and messy to police such an open discussion thread, Simply asking people to tag the spoilers is easier, and those who don't want to randomly fall on them, just don't open. Simple.

Don
It's a hard thing to moderate, the rules are laid down for everyone. You can't expect the mod team to know when every tv show airs, and which are US shows only.

When a thread gets obviously out of hand, it gets moderated or removed if it needs to be

Soldato
It's a hard thing to moderate, the rules are laid down for everyone. You can't expect the mod team to know when every tv show airs, and which are US shows only.

When a thread gets obviously out of hand, it gets moderated or removed if it needs to be

It's easy enough, Show X (UK), Show X (US).

Would keep everyone happy. Apart from those on their high horses of course.

Soldato
OP
It's easy enough, Show X (UK), Show X (US).

Would keep everyone happy. Apart from those on their high horses of course.

I prefer my format:p

If we are allowed to talk about them then a separate thread like you said with the prefix of US or UK should be a rule.

Such as:

****The Walking Dead - Season 2**** [US]
****The Walking Dead - Season 2**** [UK]

Commissario
We need to discuss this and let you guys know the stance. At the moment the rules haven't changed, any discussion of content that hasn't been broadcasted in the UK isn't allowed. Although with the introduction of spoiler tags we may (and I say may) look into a possible change.

Permabanned
If we are allowed to talk about them then a separate thread like you said with the prefix of US or UK should be a rule.

Such as:

****The Walking Dead - Season 2**** [US]
****The Walking Dead - Season 2**** [UK]

This would be my preference. I have posted on The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad threads but I do try not to post any spoilers or any information that can be construed as a spoiler, but at the same time do want to discuss the shows with others who have also seen them.

Man of Honour
I don't think it should be banned, we have spoiler tags now so I think it's much more sensible if people just use those instead.

That way, if you come into a topic to discuss the events in say, Episode 4, things about Ep5 (which has aired in the US) are not visible and in spoiler tags, but the discussion about Ep5 is still there for those who are interested.

Kinda fair on everyone then. Just use the spoiler tags folks!

Maccy runs off with the Milkman's wife in episode 12

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd much rather they allowed some discussion of US TV. The Breaking Bad thread was excellent, and given that it's barely ever been shown in the UK, it was great of the mods to allow it. Banning the threads just because some people seem to get the hump is pointless.

That said, anyone who can't comprehend that they need to wait five days before posting in the Walking Dead thread deserves punishment, because the air dates are way too close. Be pointless having a two threads for a show like that, but I can agree with having them if there's a few months between when they show.

Soldato
It'd be great if US TV discussion was allowed in spoiler tags here, cheers for asking about it Maccy :).

As I've said in previous threads like this (before the spoiler tags were added), they may as well not allow TV discussion in this forum as far as I'm concerned atm, as the most I've ever used it for is to say "yeah, I like that show" or similar as I can't be bothered checking to see whether I can discuss something. If I'm always allowed to discuss stuff, but just have to add it in a spoiler tag I'll actually go and check to see where the UK is upto (or more likely just add everything I say in a spoiler tag :p) :).

Back
Top Bottom