Silverstone SG08

Soldato
OP
Wow pricy was thinking around £160 max you could get the latest shuttle for £205 delivered.

That would never happen when you consider the current price of the SG07 is over £160. I will be getting one just hoping OcUK gets them in cheaper. I did ask in the new products/suggestions and rjkoneill said he would ask Ace Modder but hasn't got back to me yet.

Soldato
^Apart from the gigabyte h67n, which is pretty much the only solid choice. ;)

You're right, it looks like Z75/7 for new ones at the earliest. I just hope there's a bit more variety and performance.

Soldato
OP
^Apart from the gigabyte h67n, which is pretty much the only solid choice. ;)

You're right, it looks like Z75/7 for new ones at the earliest. I just hope there's a bit more variety and performance.

:D

As long as they aren't all H77 again the lower TDP on Ivy should make for some better overclocking on ITX boards same as the lower TDP of Westmere allowed for the H55N to become great. I think I'll be staying with Sandy till Haswell though. More looking forward to GCN and Kepler as my big hardware purchase for the next year.

In other news placed my order hopefully arriving next week :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
It all depends on how big the M-itx market truly is, chances are I will buy one and be without a compatible board until after christmas.

There are a bunch of B grade H55N's in the clearance section but at £82 a pop I would rather not, I believe they were that price on launch and they are now discontinued.

Soldato
I intend on moving to Ivybridge in april/may time providing there are some decent boards available, there should also be new graphics cards available by then so I should see a large performance increase whilst having a much smaller system than my current A05N.

Associate
Price has dropped to just over £150 which is cheaper than the SG07. Not bad.

Annoyingly the price has now gone back up to just under £180.

Especially as I had been waiting for 2 days now for the "due today" status to change to in stock so I can order the whole of my new build at the same time so it arrives at the same time!

Soldato
OP
Annoyingly the price has now gone back up to just under £180.

Especially as I had been waiting for 2 days now for the "due today" status to change to in stock so I can order the whole of my new build at the same time so it arrives at the same time!

Ah thats annoying. It still says due today but I seriously doubt that they are getting a late night delivery so looks like I won't be getting my Friday delivery and I bet it will come on Saturday when I am out all day and then won't be able to collect it till Monday :mad:

Back
Top Bottom