BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
Heh, I didn't even look at my HH really, just ripped it out as soon as the Openreach guy left. From what I've heard, it's alright but has unstable wireless. Or was that the HH2? Can't remember which one I had.

I'm using a Linksys E3000 now though, which is great. Would probably go for the E3200 if I was to get one today, it just looks better. The E2xxx are probably a better choice if one doesn't need the USB port.

Looking forward to next year, seeing as my cab is just around the corner I think I should get pretty good speeds when they flip the switch on 80/20.

Associate
Nope unlimited. Guessing they have put the prices up now?

Going to check my bill now to confirm.

Last 4 months,

£29.90
£31.53
£29.88
£31.97

Maybe I'm getting the line rental free then, never made any deals with them tho.

Last edited:
Associate
Line Rental
1 Nov - 30 Nov 11
This is the cost of your Line rental at £0.00 a month

Broadband and Calls
1 Nov - 30 Nov 11
This is the cost of your Package at £28.00 a month

Lucky me? I always thought I was paying 18quid for the package and a tenner rental. Maybe they will hit me with a big line rental bill soon :(

I've had infinity since the 6th of march 2011, but I've had a BT line for over 10 years.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine being installed next week and will be £42 all in for 40/10 unlimited.

Are you guys running your infinity with ethernet connection? I see on the BT site they recommend that you do.

Caporegime
I'm going to ring them and find out why I'm not paying line rental, I don't want any unexpected bill turning up.

You sure you didn't pay for the year in advance, £120 one off payment?

Got mine being installed next week and will be £42 all in for 40/10 unlimited.

Are you guys running your infinity with ethernet connection? I see on the BT site they recommend that you do.

Yes mate :)

Oh and Wifi :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It's occurred to me that my master socket is in a cupboard next to the front door and it's been extended to the bottom of that, under the front door, through the wall to the living room, around the skirting to a box behind the TV where my current ADSL plugs in.

I'm wondering if it would be easier for the guy to move the master socket to behind the TV (where I want it) or just run an extension from the current master to where I want it.

I've also settled on the Linksys E3200 for when the time comes :)

Permabanned
BT have disconnected my internet. This has been the worst idea, the biggest mistake was going with BT. Fiber is ok but BT is despicable.

sales department 0/10
order processing 0/10
customer support 0/10
billing 0/10

overall 0/10

BT is the worst company I have ever dealt with and that says a lot. Now they expect me to give them £70 a month. hahah.

Soldato
i have to agree. i utterly despise BT as well. i'm currently sorting out my 3rd complete **** up from them. of course i got through to some indian person who couldn't understand a word i was saying and i was repeating myself again and again and again. why they can't see this is a false economy i don't know. if i was speaking to an english person i would have spent a fraction of the time on the phone. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Since the first phone call in June I must have spent at least 18 hours on the phone to BT and had about 50 individual phone calls and this is not an over exaggeration. Repeating myself at least 30 times. For it still to not be working is atrocious. I found this website called http://www.btcomplaint.com/ that is collecting all the complaints it can find and then they are going to the OFCOM and see if they can solve this fascist monopoly called BT.

Back
Top Bottom