*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
Yup true survival! Imagine... People would actually have to use mine carts and railways to get around. Paths with signposts would-be needed and used!

Now that would be nice, pretty much vanilla with only admin tools for managing the server. This was my experience on single player, where you had to carefully plan things and constantly place signposts when you went on long journeys through cave systems. Knowing you can port home or to spawn when things get bad makes it too easy, most of these plugins have warmup/cooldown timer facilites whereas you have to wait and not instant port, somewhat of a possible compromise.

Having no /home ability would also mean you would need transport to visit people, this would encourage the formation of towns and rail systems to link them, only the bravest would go it alone in the distant wilderness.

Alas we can but dream..... ;)

Soldato
I would prefer that. It would make everything so much harder but more enjoyable. When you die you are placed at the spawn with nothing. No-one should be allowed to build near the spawn (or spawn should be small island surrounded by water)

Man of Honour
OP
It would be possible to have an additional world and assign different permissions for this world (that removed tp, spawn, etc). It would involve additional work in management though and it would mean we would have an additional plugin (per-world inventories) to manage + wait for updates for.

Soldato
It would be possible to have an additional world and assign different permissions for this world (that removed tp, spawn, etc). It would involve additional work in management though and it would mean we would have an additional plugin (per-world inventories) to manage + wait for updates for.

Started a thread in LT admin mate for discussion if you could have an eyeball.

Soldato
So, just to clarify it for me as I have no knowledge of exactly what the admins do behind the scenes, or the list of plugins that are run...... you couldn't just create a new small world with no plugins (except perhaps logging)???

Dru

Dru

Associate
Plugins are loaded for the entire server (regardless of the number of worlds), then depending on what a plugin does you can restrict it's functionality per world (if it supports it), or restrict the use of it's commands with permissions on a per world basis.

Back
Top Bottom