Silverstone SG08

Soldato
This is one of the reasons I refrain from pre-ordering hardware, there is a very high chance the ETA will not be met which would just cause problems with having a bunch of components and no case for example, sucks badly that the price went back up.

Associate
Ah thats annoying. It still says due today but I seriously doubt that they are getting a late night delivery so looks like I won't be getting my Friday delivery and I bet it will come on Saturday when I am out all day and then won't be able to collect it till Monday :mad:

If it comes in tomorrow it is generally next day delivery (unless non-mainland), so Friday is still possible. I'm just worried it may be delayed longer and longer as this case does seem to be taking its sweet time get to the UK.

Soldato
OP
ITS HERE! Words cannot describe how much better than the SG07 the new faceplate is. Also it comes with a USB3 header to USB2 header adapter thank god! Photos when I get back from work.

Soldato
OP
Right photos are uploading now. At first glance this is just a simple facelift for the SG07. On cracking it open they have pretty much solved every issue with the SG07:

Poorly sheathed PSU power cable? - Solved! It now sports a properly moulded and safe attachment so no more exposed 240V cable.
Cant access the PCI-e holder without removing the power socket? - Solved! the retention bracket now has a clear gap allowing you to remove PCI-e cards without having to unscrew the power socket.

So quite frankly with USB 3.0 I would certainly recommend this over the SG07 now.

Back
Top Bottom