One Dead Pixel

Associate
I have had my Samsung SA750 27'' for about 3 weeks now and absolulety love it.

However I have noticed a single dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. It shows up as white against black.

My question is does this warrant spekaing with either OCUk or Samsung to get it sorted/replaced?

Caporegime
Do you have any documentation with the monitor which tells you what the dead/faulty pixel policy is with that particular monitor?

Quite often 1 dead pixel isn't sufficient to class the monitor as "faulty" but it depends on the manufacturer's policy which can vary depending on the particular product.

I think you'll get more joy out of Samsung directly but there's no harm in making a post in the Customer service section of the forum and see what OcUK say.

According to the OcUK Support page Samsung don't offer under 28 day support so start with OcUK and then you can move on to Samsung after 28 days if you get no joy.

Soldato
As Cleecoooooooooo will tell you Samsung should be surprisingly good at helping you out. Since you are out of the DSR window there is not really anything OcUK will be able to do for you as a single dead pixel is well within manufacturer tolerances (Samsung allows for 1 dead pixel per million I believe).

Permabanned
The first thing I do when I get a new screen is to run a dead pixel checker. I'm pretty fussy so even 1 dead or stuck pixel and it gets returned using dsr, since most manufacturers and distributors do not recognise this as a "fault".

Associate
Sounds like a bit of a result then :)

Things like this are why people stick with the same few companies, just that small peace of mind that even if something trivial goes wrong, they will do their best to help you out. If only more people were like that

Associate
samsung let me down over the exact same issue as the OP's,they told me send it back to where you bought it from even though i told them its from germany & it will cost me a lot to send it back.

samsung's customer support is the worst i have dealt with.

Associate
I’ve got one dead pixel on a SA950, Samsung told me that 4 dead pixels or less wouldn’t affect performance and they wouldn’t replace it. The seller agreed to replace it and pay for return postage.

Associate
looks like if you missed dead/stuck pixels on your lcd monitor then go & buy a samsung.
these 3d samsung screens are supposed to be top of the line monitors but everywhere i hade read about them (inc foreign forums /google translated) people are mentioning having dead/stuck pixels.

Back
Top Bottom