Spec me an indoor helicopter

Soldato
My dad's friend bought a radio controlled petrol-driven aircraft not long after proving himself on a little plastic one.

What did he do? Immediately (on its first flight) fly it directly out of range of his controller, and the petrol just flew the plane off into the distance. :D

Associate
Caporegime
My dad's friend bought a radio controlled petrol-driven aircraft not long after proving himself on a little plastic one.

What did he do? Immediately (on its first flight) fly it directly out of range of his controller, and the petrol just flew the plane off into the distance. :D

:D :D

Reminds me of when my brother was trying out a new glider. After he let it go he never saw it again. :)

Man of Honour
Associate
I used to fly a Petrol Heli, they are very difficult to master, cost £££'s to fix and really need a pro tutor if you want to do things right.
A very expensive hobby, probably more expensive than this one ;) My first venture cost around £1500 for the initilial set-up, kit etc etc.

Midland Helicopters are one of the top shops in the UK if not the best.
They also have trainers and champion flyers working for them for sound advice and training. http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/

Soldato
I really have a craving for a small indoor copter, just to have a bit of fun with. GF said she'd get me one for xmas, and I'm only messing with it so I guess something around the £25 - £30 mark. I remember Picooz seemed to be a popular choice. Is this still the case?

Any other recommendations

Lucky man, but what's your fiancee getting you then?:D

If you get one with a gyro they are very stable but it all gets a bit boring to the extent they make the picoo z's look hard to fly.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Caporegime
Different price range but if someone want a really cool quadrotor then the AR Drones parrot is immense. Hands free stable hover, live video streaming, RC form iphon - just double tab iphone screen and it takes off, tilt the iphone and it flies where you command.

Fairly crash resistant.

Back
Top Bottom