best 3d film ?

Soldato
Hi All Not sure if this is the right forum but i have a Dell 3D Nvidia 555 card XPS L702x with a blu ray player and just wondered what is the best 3d film to try it out with ? any ideas thanks

Soldato
I think to get avatar in 3D you need to buy it off someone who got it with their panasonic 3DTV (as there is currently a very annoying exclusivity deal in place). AFAIK there is no separate comercially available Blu-ray 3D of Avatar currently on sale (though you can look on fleebay, but the prices are rather high).

Aside from avatar, I think a lot of CG animation films look good in 3D (though I still prefer "2D") stuff like Up, Wall-E and How to Train your Dragon.

Associate
My Top 5:

Tangled
Resident Evil Extinction
Tron
Lion King 3D

Ive got every 3D movie there is and yes the IMAX stuff is pretty good too!

Looking forward to watching the Smurfs tonight ;)

Soldato
Agree with the above, I would probably add Ocean Wonderland 3D, Smurfs 3D, Despicable Me 3D, Shrek 4 3D, Toy Story 3 3D, Christmas Carol 3D

The worst has to be Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1 3D. Worst 3D conversion ever.

Associate
The worst for me so far is Captain America! Utter tosh and hardly a need for 3D. In Fact most live action films are rubbish apart from the stuff that is filmed with Camerons 3D tech cams.

Most animated stuff is pure class one of my favs was Legends of the Guardians!

Soldato
The worst for me so far is Captain America! Utter tosh and hardly a need for 3D. In Fact most live action films are rubbish apart from the stuff that is filmed with Camerons 3D tech cams.

Most animated stuff is pure class one of my favs was Legends of the Guardians!

Yeah that is nice too. Most CGI animations look amazing in 3D.

Captain America, Thor, Green Lantern etc are rubbish in 3D. I only got them to have a complete 3D collection.

Loads I have got but not seen yet (e.g. TT 3D, Flying with Dinosaurs 3D) will try this weekend.

Tron Legacy is perhaps my favourite, probably more due to the immense DTS MA soundtrack.

Back
Top Bottom