Official page for the Asus VG278H now online.

Associate
Dumb question that was not answered earlier:

You can watch 3d films on blue-ray through this right?

Also if anyone had the choice to have this monitor or the Samsung LS27A950 which would they go for? Also would that choice change if you had just bought a new Nvidea 570 GFX card?

Last question - where the hell are you guys able to buy these from? There is nothing on Froogle at all. OCUK are saying 19th December - too late from Christmas ... Amazon say 1 - 2 months!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate

Also if anyone had the choice to have this monitor or the Samsung LS27A950 which would they go for? Also would that choice change if you had just bought a new Nvidea 570 GFX card?

Last question - where the hell are you guys able to buy these from? There is nothing on Froogle at all. OCUK are saying 19th December - too late from Christmas ... Amazon say 1 - 2 months!

Thanks.

Howdy bud

BluRay 3D is possible, its got a few connectors for hooking up consoles or players if you dont have a BD drive in your pc.

I was looking at the Sammy but thought I'd get an Nvidia enabled monitor instead since I would be doing some 3D gaming.

Like the others am well impressed with the 2D 120Hz gaming, what a revelation for BC2.
Tho the Sammy wins hands down for looks ;)

Associate

Thanks.

I don't think there have been any available for 1-2 weeks now. I got mine on release.

A week before Christmas seems to be what most are quoting for new stock.

Associate

Thanks.

Theres a place that has 9 units left on preorder with delivery on the 12th december for around £511. Use google ^^

Soldato
Don't see the point in desperately trying to get one of these monitors before Christmas. I mean seriously, who is going to be in/sober enough to actually use it? ;)

Haha good point. To be honest, knowing what I do from BenQ and their previous launches (namely the XL2410T), it would really be better to wait for some reviews before jumping in and going for it. :p

Associate
Yeah i used them early this year when i brought a Asus VG236HE from them. good customer service to. But i brought the Asus VG278H from ocuk for £528 with free delivery.

Soldato
This picture is truely LOL worthy, I love marketing BS:

120Hz_RefreshRate.jpg

Must be a pretty big advantage seeing all those extra frames huh.

Associate
This picture is truely LOL worthy, I love marketing BS:

120Hz_RefreshRate.jpg

Must be a pretty big advantage seeing all those extra frames huh.

Umm, isn't this exactly why people who play FPS games say that 120Hz looks smoother - because there are twice as many frames per second? Assuming of course that your graphics card can keep up.

Soldato
Exactly. That picture is one of the least misleading I've seen in the monitor world. Claiming 600Hz on TVs, million:1 plus (dynamic) contrast ratios and trying to seperate 'LED' and 'LCD' is misleading.

Back
Top Bottom