*** Youtube/Video thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The guy in that is a right **** (not the copper).
I really wish PC Dibble had known the law and been able to quote it to that idiot. It's people like him that gives us cyclists a bad name. If he jumps a red light he should have to pay for it just like any other driver would. If we (cyclists) want to be treated like road users we need to follow the rules of the road.

Just my opinion.

Soldato
*Bike idiot and Copper idiot video*

While the cyclist is being an idiot and that can't go unnoticed; I think the thing which stands out is the fact the copper is **** at his job. To the point where it's embarrassing to watch.

The copper's complete lack of authority and confidence is far more worrying than the cyclist's behaviour. I'm amazed this police officer ever got to the stage of being out on the streets alone.

Soldato
i thought it was a legal requirment that if asked for details you have to give them, recent new law? regarding the red light jumping cyclist. looked like cyclist not mentally rehearsed how to react to recieving a warning for breaking the law, prolly on a wanted poster at every local nick lol

unless the officer was lying but i doubt that.

Associate
I really wish PC Dibble had known the law and been able to quote it to that idiot. It's people like him that gives us cyclists a bad name. If he jumps a red light he should have to pay for it just like any other driver would. If we (cyclists) want to be treated like road users we need to follow the rules of the road.

Just my opinion.

Thank you, I'm glad someone else has the same opinion as me. I must be the only cyclist on my way in that actually stops at red lights. For everyone else, they seem to think that a red light or a green pedestrian crossing light means go. If a car went through on a red light and hit a cyclist, there would be up roar, so why does a cyclist then think it's all right for them to go through.

I do realise that cyclists are slower moving, have better visibility, and are potentially more nimble at getting out the way, but unless I've been missed off the list, we don't have superhuman powers that allow us to avoid all accidents. Therefore the best I can do is just follow the laws of the road, and that way be protected by them as well.

edit: And this probably isn't the thread to be discussing this in, maybe another thread in sports section would lead to some interesting debate?

Soldato
People on bikes that run red lights are walking dead in my view. Foolish arrogant people and in my experience a vast number of them are women. I cycle every day and the number of people that breeze past me at red lights amazes me.

At one intersection there was a guy under a blanket with blood trickling out from underneath that had just been dragged 200m under a lorry after he had run a red. Next set of lights... they're all at it. Insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom