Done for Drink Driving.

Soldato
Hi there.

My opposite number at another depot was pulled this morning for drink driving.
From what I understand it was from the night before.

He already has a court date of wednesday "next week" but he then follows this by saying, "So Ill be unemployed thursday" in his message.

If he already has a date for a court appearance then am I right in thinking that this is a very bad thing?

I have no experience of this kind of thing, but isnt being caught, and then a court date on the same day pretty much mean he is going to get banned?

Soldato
Serves him right.

Not really, I know people who have been done before who would never dream of getting in a car after even one pint. It's unlucky, obviously getting in a car at 9am after a heavy night is ridiculous but the you can still be over the limit in the afternoon and not realise it.

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't come down very hard on it - rightly so - but sometimes it can just be unlucky. The only way to be sure is to avoid driving completely the next day after you've been drinking.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Police always clamp down over the Christmas period.

I got pulled a couple years ago at 4am returning from the hospital after a Christmas party (long story). The police car was just waiting in a layby for any passers by, I was doing the speed limit and was sober. I was covered in tinsel and had some vomit on my trousers so I think the copper was a bit miffed when I blew zero. :p

I did ask why he pulled me and he said I was going a bit quickly, I was like "really?" and he then admitted he was pulling over everyone in the early hours to check for drink driving.

Permabanned
I'm very pleased to hear that the police are cracking down hard on it, anyone who drinks and drives doesnt deserve to be in charge of a vehicle - they deserve everyhting they get and anyone who whinges about losing their job, wife, family yada yada is even worse as we all know the consiquences and implications of our actions as adults.

Associate
My mum got done for drink driving ( I know... :rolleyes: )

She got banned for 18 months and a £200 fine. She got the option to go to a driving course and got the sentanced reduced by 6 months but the course cost ~£150.

Soldato
It is a well known fact that the police ramp up their drink and drive campaigns at Christmas time.

So even if you regularly have a drink in the evening then drive to work the next morning, now is the time to stop as you are more likely to get caught.

Soldato
Serves anyone right if there caught! In Scotland now they can even take your car off you and crush it , high bloody time , about time people realised driving is a privildge not a right ....

Soldato
No. My other half's dad got done for drink driving last month, no previous offences, 18 month ban and £550 fine. It's not as cut and dry as that.

Its 12months min afaik. Majority of bans are 18months (unless you blow massively over) with the chance to reduce it if you go on a course

If you plead with the court they may give you 12months ban but will bump up the fine massively to compensate!

He's going to get banned unless their is a really good reason for him not doing so (someone's life depends on it). They wont care about him loosing his job as a consequence

Soldato
The only way to be sure is to avoid driving completely the next day after you've been drinking.

That is all entirely dependant on what "drinking" entails. For a lot of people it means maybe 3 pints in which case 6 hours in bed would be more than enough to get it out of your system.

Caporegime
You have to be a special kind of stupid to drink drive when your livelihood depends on being able to drive

Little bit different when it's the morning after imho, whilst it's not excusable it's a little more understandable and i bet catches lots of people out, odds are a few on this forum, it's just they've never been pulled by the police.

Back
Top Bottom