**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
469809532.jpg

Soldato
I can understand people not tapping to chokes, but Big Nog was insane not to tap there... then again I wouldn't want to lose to Frank Mir either, as the guy is a massive massive douche bag.

The Jones choke on Machida was sick, the way he just dropped him to the ground and it looked like Machida was dead.

Who does John Jones fight now? Henderson? Either way I think its becoming clear that he is going to be on top for a very long time.

Associate
as its already been said that arm brake was nasty, when mir got up, i was like his arms broke, then they showed like 37 replays of it, love this sport but that one just made me feel ill.

as for the tito vs little nog, some brutal body shots right there, i think they will give tito the last fight he wants, i heard some rumours of him wanting to fight forest? but i don't know what forest has to gain from that.

The machida vs jones fight was interesting, would have liked to see it go another round or 2 in the stand up, but the finish was slick, and as some 1 already said, when he let go machida looked dead.

but at this rate jones is going to be out of opponents at 205, Evans, Henderson, davis? then its on to rematches, dont really see that many up and coming 205s.

and i think Pokrajac vs Soszynski needs a mention for being a brutal knockout

Soldato
Machida def went in with a good game plan and for the one round it looked to be working ok, he was evading the attacks keeping his distance and letting little flurrys going and connected once or twice and got very close with some big shots a few times.
I would like to Hendo fight him I reckon Hendo would do it. It would be one of those kinda fairy tale rides that would go down in history upon his return be involved in one of the greatest fights in history against Shogun then dethrone the king.

Lyoto landed one clean shot on Jones and backed him up, you know Hendo will throw that right hand with devastating force and has the power to drop anyone. It's so obvious what he is going to do but always manages to land it.

Not sure how Evans would do against him, he has ok boxing and movement and has better stamina than someone like Rampage who I don't think really trains as hard as he should.
Evans would bring a bit more intensity probably close the distance some more try and grind it out take him down.

4 fights in 10 months for Jones is incredible yet to take any real damage. If he clears out the division he has nothing left to do and he wouldn't do any where near as well at HW where those guys are his size, bigger build a lot more power and pose an entirely different threat.

Soldato
Machida def went in with a good game plan and for the one round it looked to be working ok, he was evading the attacks keeping his distance and letting little flurrys going and connected once or twice and got very close with some big shots a few times.
I would like to Hendo fight him I reckon Hendo would do it. It would be one of those kinda fairy tale rides that would go down in history upon his return be involved in one of the greatest fights in history against Shogun then dethrone the king.

Lyoto landed one clean shot on Jones and backed him up, you know Hendo will throw that right hand with devastating force and has the power to drop anyone. It's so obvious what he is going to do but always manages to land it.

Not sure how Evans would do against him, he has ok boxing and movement and has better stamina than someone like Rampage who I don't think really trains as hard as he should.
Evans would bring a bit more intensity probably close the distance some more try and grind it out take him down.

4 fights in 10 months for Jones is incredible yet to take any real damage. If he clears out the division he has nothing left to do and he wouldn't do any where near as well at HW where those guys are his size, bigger build a lot more power and pose an entirely different threat.

Could he drop to 185? Or potentially Anderson come up from 185 if Chael beats him?

Associate
That broken arm..when it snapped I felt it haha. And Jones with that elbow to the forehead, was a great elbow, really interesting fight to be fair!

Associate
God I hope so! Although he needs to clear the division out first. Can he clear it out before Anderson retires (assuming Anderson retires whilst still at/near the top and doesn't drag it out)?

Soldato
Jones is never getting down to 185lbs, should a fight ever appear between him and Anderson it'll be at 205lbs. Like dunny87 said above, there are only really 3 clear cut fights that stand out for Jones; Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson and Phil Davis. I see him dominating and finishing Henderson, he'll outstrike Davis, I only see Evans posing a threat most of which will be psychological. He's a small light heavyweight, he'll be giving up 5 inches of height, 10 inches of reach and probably around 10-15lbs come fight night. All three fights will end with Jones finishing them. I didn't get caught up in the storm when he ragdolled Shogun for 3 rounds, but there can be no doubt in anyones head now that he'll be sitting pretty at the top of that division for the foreseeable future. He's beaten 3 former champions this year, not just beaten, but dominated and finished in a fashion they've not encountered before.

The Mir fight, dear god that break was horrendous. Easily the worst I've ever seen. Feel bad for him but he should have tapped sooner, that injury will more than likely finish his mma career in the UFC. :(

Soldato
that was perhaps one of the best cards/fights from any ufc ive seen...

Yet some are saying it was ok lol?

Ive never seen little nog so dominating with ground and pound and vicous body shots... never seen bit nog get submited ever... and to see his arm snap omg, only frank mir can do this this puts him right back up there... even if he lost hes still in the mix for sure.

Seeing the dragon fall like a sack of potatoes like rashad did is another thing altogether, jj is the most scariest guy right now id say hendo would die from him and rashad will be closest to get to him.

Soldato
wow massive rumour saying overeem is out of ufc 141 fight end of this month....

quite possible hes out, they maybe asking frank mir to step up !

wonder if he can break brocks arm, then he could have hit foot and arm on his mantle piece:)

Associate
When a fighter gets his leg up to or over the head of his opponent when's got a kimura locked on, then you're not getting out of it no matter what. Big Nog should have tapped the second his roll got reversed and saved himself a lot of pain, at least one op and a year out.
The only break/tear I've seen worse than that was the Japanese guy (name escapes me)who was sitting on his opponents back whilst cranking the kimura. He didn't tap so he twisted the arm out of it's socket.
Almost makes me wish the ref would have stopped it before the break, but when you start down that road where do you stop?

Great card's worth of fights all in all.

Associate
Just been watching the post fight press conference, and frank mirs comments kinda discussed me, To me this sport is all about competition and respect, and i have the utmost respect for all the guys who get in there and throw down for our enjoyment. but mirs comments and laugh just made him look like he enjoyed braking nogs arm.
ive always had mixed feelings about him but now there is no dout the dude is a douche bag.

and in case any one else wants to watch the post fight press conference

http://uk.ufc.com/news/ufc-140-post-fight-presser

Soldato
wow massive rumour saying overeem is out of ufc 141 fight end of this month....

quite possible hes out, they maybe asking frank mir to step up !

wonder if he can break brocks arm, then he could have hit foot and arm on his mantle piece:)

I am hoping that Roy kept himself in good shape since the Mirko fight. Well he should be considering he is rumoured to be facing Kongo at 143, but putting him in two events early might be a bit of a stretch.

It should be Mir vs Lesnar if Overeem is out but I am not that interested in a third fight. Carwin is the only other top draw alternative but he has had back surgery recently so isn't in any shape.

Schaub and Struve are meh, Nog is out for yonks. Who else is there really?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom