Militarism and London 2012 Olympics

Associate
OP
“There is no economy in the world, whether low-income countries, emerging markets, middle-income countries or super-advanced economies that will be immune to the crisis that we see not only unfolding but escalating,”
- Christine Lagarde said in a speech at the US state department in Washington.

if "super-advanced economies" (china i pressume) are not immune then whats it going to be like for the millions of single parent familys and millions of elderly and millions of unemployed. dont think because you have a few hundred in the bank and a few spare computer parts to sell that your safe. the value of money is plummeting, its only paper after all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
i was wondering how and when the totalitarian airport system would spill onto the streets, but this is bigtime crazy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...hilip-Hammond-confirms-military-presence.html

Typhoons, Surface-to-air missile systems and the SAS in boats on the Thames. :eek:

all this because of bearded guys in caves. somehow i dont think so. this is a show of strength by the bankers who run governments. if you dont pay more money into the pension scam and work for longer while we steal it, this is what your gonna get. if you dont hand over power to brussels and be ruled by unelected persons nobody has ever heard of, this is what your going to get. i believe the olympics is being used to build more police state infrastructure in london for when the economy falls. if you think all this is just going to disappear when that final race is won, then i think your a really nice guy and good for you.

i just dont understand how people can buy into this "its to keep you safe and not make you worried about bearded men" YEAH! i wont be paranoid when i see jetfighters patroling the airspace while Special Forces man surface to air missile systems like its the middle east.

it says sumthing when a protestant who supports the union is glad that the brits are out of northern ireland.

You realise that the military have command and control systems that outclass anything the police have ?

You also realise that the military deal with suspect devices and not the police ?

Also, police here don't have Typhoon's. Shame.

Caporegime
I laugh at those who play down the forces in Afghanistan and similar territories as just "bearded men in caves". Yeah, it's those same "bearded men in caves" that the most advanced military powers in the world haven't been able to defeat after TEN YEARS of war.

Associate
OP
I laugh at those who play down the forces in Afghanistan and similar territories as just "bearded men in caves". Yeah, it's those same "bearded men in caves" that the most advanced military powers in the world haven't been able to defeat after TEN YEARS of war.

you cant defeat them because Terrorism isnt an army, its a tactic, an idea.

its being used on us aswell (by our own gov.) via propaganda to keep us in fear. we are being taught to be scared of a tactic and not realise that there is no standing army in the middle east that can invade us. the war on terror is a fraud.

Associate
OP
everyone has a particular view of the world. when thats challenged with information people may become uneasy and threatened because of it, so the mind reacts in a certain way to protect itself. denial and rejection of this information is the most common. its called Cognitive Dissonance.

Commissario
You realise that the military have command and control systems that outclass anything the police have ?

You also realise that the military deal with suspect devices and not the police ?

Also, police here don't have Typhoon's. Shame.

I can imagine the look on a joyriders face when he realises it's not the force helicoptor following his little ride but a Typhoon or Apache;)

More seriously, as you say the Armed services have much better C&C (independent of the local infrastructure), not to mention medical training for the sort of potential situations that could come up in the event of a terrorist attack (don't most small army/navy units include a medic with basic trauma training of a sort that is potentially very handy in the event of a terrorist attack).

Man of Honour
Yawn, I've been told my training could now be 2 months longer if my course gets "volunteered" to help with this parade.

Not impressed.

Should've picked a better trade ;)

No idea, I just remember reading that they are being subcontracted by a private firm - whether or not they are paid twice or just seconded for the time the olympics are on I couldn't tell you.

Definitely will not be getting paid any more, apart from the standard allowances that go with a duty of that sort away from your home unit.

Without knowing for definite I'd hazard a guess that they'd simply be seconded rather than getting paid twice i.e. you lads are reporting to this company for the duration of the Olympics, you do what they tell you and you'll get your normal wages as normal

This is almost certainly how it'll be. I can't imagine how else it could work.

(maybe plus overtime if that exists in the armed forces now?).

2mo8cd5.jpg

Soldato
everyone has a particular view of the world. when thats challenged with information people may become uneasy and threatened because of it, so the mind reacts in a certain way to protect itself. denial and rejection of this information is the most common. its called Cognitive Dissonance.

But it's not being challenged with information is it? It's being challenged with Dogma backed up by conjecture and frenzied speculation espoused forth by assorted bed-wetters and pillow-biters with far,far too much time on their hands.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nigel Farage of the UK Independence Party giving it like a BOSS in the EU Parliment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb-MWoZKYmg&feature=channel_video_title

75% of the laws now used in the UK are from the EU parliment. most of the EU Parliment are unelected unknown madmen. the UK military are fighting bearded men in caves thinking its for FREEDOM. the Jarheads need to wake up and realise that their familys back home are ruled and being robbed by an EU banking cartel thats destroying Soveriegncy and Democracy and that the only thing the military is doing is helping setup infrastructure in the middle east so they can steal all the oil. this OTT presence at the olympics is to line pockets and keep people in fear of bearded men so they can keep doing what they are doing :D yayyyyy good times!
you do realise the european parliament is entirely elected don't you?

Man of Honour

And you're not in danger of cognitive dissonace because?

Maybe not but I'm trying to cover a multitude of bases here, I've got a fair idea how it works but wanted to not dismiss it completely and there's a vague possibility that the armed forces would get some additional recompense - it's unlikely but just about possible. :)

Man of Honour
Maybe not but I'm trying to cover a multitude of bases here, I've got a fair idea how it works but wanted to not dismiss it completely and there's a vague possibility that the armed forces would get some additional recompense - it's unlikely but just about possible. :)

My picture response wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously, and I didn't mean to suggest you don't know what you're talking about, it's just how I'd expect pretty much every serviceman to react if you so much as suggested we get overtime :p

Back
Top Bottom