Kim Jong-il has died.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;20831492 said:
Indeed he was, a pursuit he followed by kidnapping a famous director and his wife and forcing them to make movies for him. I guess that gave him something to do in between organising the kidnap of Japanese citizens and shooting down Korean Air flights..

...all before he took over from his father.

He apparently had a Collection of 20,000 Hollywood movies.

Man of Honour
Over a man who has kept them oppressed and living in fear, while his incompetence lead to 2 million deaths.

Yeah.

Creepy.

Like all tyrants, there is the population that love him and do very well out of it, you then have the population that are devastated by his actions. I'm guessing people in the capital by and large benefited under him.

Soldato
Like all tyrants, there is the population that love him and do very well out of it, you then have the population that are devastated by his actions. I'm guessing people in the capital by and large benefited under him.

I suppose so. And what with it being basically a personality cult, I guess these people felt like he was some sort of father to them.

How twisted.

Oh well, nothing of value has been lost, and hopefully some good will come of this for N.Korea.

Soldato
They seem rather sad about his passing.... Perhaps there is more to the story than the media let on... Lets face it... They know very little!

The North Koreans have been brought up from birth worshiping him like a Demigod. As far as they're concerned this is the most tragic moment since his dad died.

You have to remember they have such little access to western media that as far as they're concerned their country is normal.

Permabanned
Hopefully this will be the event that leads to North Korea's turn around :)

That is unfortunately unlikely. The military effectively rule N.Korea and it is unlikely that they will countenance any kind of political or economic reforms which will reduce that influence.....Kim Jong-Un will be tolerated only as long as he supports the will of those that support him, The Military.

Man of Honour
That is unfortunately unlikely. The military effectively rule N.Korea and it is unlikely that they will countenance any kind of political or economic reforms which will reduce that influence.....Kim Jong-Un will be tolerated only as long as he supports the will of those that support him, The Military.

In that case I guess I will have to deploy myself into North Korea and sort things out myself.

*transforms into a fighter jet and flies off*

Associate

North Korea wouldn't do that to South Korea because it's not really them they are against. Okay so they aren't happy South Korea sided with the Americans and that is why they are known as the "Puppet Army", but they are aware that they are Korean people just like them.

Another video of them mourning here:

The thing is the images aren't so much creepy but just really saddening. To these people this man is like Jesus, and Kim Il Sung was God. The thing is you only see footage of mourners from inside the capital showcase city of Pyeongyang. A city where the actual idea of communism lives, and for those people chosen to live there (Intellectuals, Manual Workers etc), they can live in a comfortable and stable environment. Not perhaps what we would consider comfortable, but to them to live in Pyeongyang is an honour and a luxury. For those who live outside of it though, they live in poverty and dispair and for the most part probably stopped believing the propaganda about Kim Jong Il years ago and are secretly and quietly celebrating the death of him. They just don't speak out as they will end up in concentration camps.

Back
Top Bottom