****Fresh random image thread (with rule addition)Every post MUST contain an image!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
tightropeftw.png

Never gonna give you up... never gonna let you down...

Lum

Lum

Soldato
there isn't any skill required to use it; snobbishly, i find serato an awesome balance between skill and convenience. i use the time code vinyl, so i still consider it a vinyl art compared to cdj's and traktor/virtual cheat-j :p

Well that's fair enough if you're doing it professionally. I do know quite a few VDJ users who have since moved on to Traktor or Serato.

I bet those who own a decent collection of vinyl and a couple of SL1200s frown on people using Serato in the same way.

I'm just fooling around for the most part, either that or streaming into SecondLife where most DJs just use SAM and about 4 seconds of auto crossfade*. The fun for me is in getting the right tracks that mix well together. Since I'm mostly playing oldskool rave it's actually better listening to them, on my own, in VDJ and mixing them than it is just setting WinAMP to random and listening to the lead-in/lead-out on every track.

4r5xJ.jpg

*Last night I heard someone do this transitioning between S3rl and ZZ Top. Made me want to cringe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom