UK Traffic 24.12.11

alx

alx

Soldato
I've got 130 miles there on Christmas Eve, followed by 130 miles back on Boxing Day.
Hoping for clear roads and no ice all the way there and back. Though I suspect that's somewhat optimistic.

Apparently it's meant to be unseasonly warm from Weds nowards, talk of it being one of the warmest Christmases ever.

Associate
Is Friday going to be a bad day to start a long haul drive? I am thinking about leaving 7 pm from Glasgow, heading to London but with a stopover halfway....

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone

I suspect like most other people that the Friday afternoon will be not great and that Christmas Eve should be OK for longer motorway journeys, although there may be more localised traffic around places like Bluewater and Cribbs Causeway etc.

This year is complicated for us by the fact we'll have a 17 month old in the car and she'll need some regular stops to keep her happy but we also want to capitalise on her sleep times too. The whole drive is about 5 hours in one go but we'll have to stop two or three times on the way, whereas I regularly used to do the run without a stop. Unfortunatly on the way there it's 240 miles of motorway followed by 60 miles of winding A and B roads with accompanying tractors (maybe the farmers will stop for Christmas) :(

I better download something from Audible for a journey :/

Back
Top Bottom