*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Niman Server at 8:20AM 235th man ..or lady que :(, the point is they should be bloody raising the server cap limits to doubler what it is, penny pitching buggers, going the same way Rift went low caps for a stable release!

In this way we been lucky so far I have only ever seen a different language spoken twice on Niman once on each side, think it was Dutch on the Rep side and Portuguese on the Sith side.

The Spanish seem to have chosen TOFN as their server. Apparently lots of Spanish gaming sites telling people to go on it.

Can't type for toffee
Don
got a mail at 1am this morning, Tesco have shipped the games.
2 days to get here, guarantee they don't arrive on time or get completely lost lol

Happy that they did a U-Turn on the grace period even if it is pitifully low

As for servers, hows basilisk droid this morning?

Last edited:
Soldato
got a mail at 1am this morning, Tesco have shipped the games.
2 days to get here, guarantee they don't arrive on time or get completely lost lol

Happy that they did a U-Turn on the grace period even if it is pitifully low

Yeah 2 days isn't great, especially at Christmas with the delivery troubles. Hopefully you'll get it in 2 days :)

Soldato
Rolled a quick one on Killian Jarro this morning to have a dabble before work. Might have to go with whichever has low pop when I get home at dinner.

Permabanned
Bioware have totally misjudged the demand and handled spreading players out on the servers very poorly.

Unfortunately, they really needed measures in place to be able to lock servers/specific factions on the first couple of days.

All they've done now is given themselves a problem. They are left with a load of (rightfully) stubborn guilds on ToFN/LoL etc that will refuse to move so they have to raise the server cap, if they don't have the ability to raise caps very easily, well, tonight isn't going to be pretty.

Possibly! That sounds good.

Its because the penny pitching if you go around when the server are so full you will see there is not that many people on, the server caps are way to low to ensure a stable release, adding more servers is not the answer, make you wonder if mmo developers ever bloody learn.

Look what happened to Rift with the very low server caps, few 100 people quit the game on any server and it suddenly felt empty!

On the Plus side we running our second guild event tonight, The world boss on Coruscant :p low but bloody hard, will see how it goes :p
Info on our guild can be found at www.mmo-guild.co.uk

Soldato
In my opinion, they need to add more features that make it an MMO to hold subscribers - At the moment, it's sort of like having eight single player stories in one game with other people playing their single player missions next to you :p

Permabanned
The Spanish seem to have chosen TOFN as their server. Apparently lots of Spanish gaming sites telling people to go on it.

So its only gonna get worse, more and more will join.
In my opinion, they need to add more features that make it an MMO to hold subscribers - At the moment, it's sort of like having eight single player stories in one game with other people playing their single player missions next to you :p
This may be partly true, but still does not take away that when you group to do this stuff its 10 x more fun!

Soldato
is there a trial of this as I wanna see how it runs on mac lol

how big is the download?

No trial at the moment - I use a MacBook Pro (Early 2011 15") - I have reduced the resolution down a notch and have it set to low so it never dips in frame rate - if you can stand a little stutter, it could handle all max settings.

I think the download comes to around 13GB I can't remember :p

Soldato
Easy a lot of the new people who got in for release have chosen the already full servers and not the new light ones.

So what you get is bigger queues than we have had the past week, voila and a brilliant pat on the back for Bioware/EA for making this happen! I don't mind queues, but to allow all the new players to roll on the already full servers was not a good idea.

Associate
On the Plus side we running our second guild event tonight, The world boss on Coruscant :p low but bloody hard, will see how it goes :p
Info on our guild can be found at www.mmo-guild.co.uk

Nice one, I'm guessing you've got a fair few members now.

I'm still not settled on anyone server yet. Alts all over the place. My mains are with TDR on Frostclaw but most of the other Guild members are way ahead of me level wise. Starting to feel a bit lonely ;)

Not home now till Friday, need to make a command decision then on my SWTOR future :)

Associate
Nice one, I'm guessing you've got a fair few members now.

I'm still not settled on anyone server yet. Alts all over the place. My mains are with TDR on Frostclaw but most of the other Guild members are way ahead of me level wise. Starting to feel a bit lonely ;)

Not home now till Friday, need to make a command decision then on my SWTOR future :)

Aww man - Fridays long. Also thanks for them things you kept sending me mate, appreciate them.

Soldato
Unless population caps have been increased tonight is going to be hell, game crashed last night and had a 1200 queue on Basilisk Droid, I had some food and watched a film only to find myself at 200 when I got back.

Had lots of fun last night killing Imperials as they were trying to level, Bounty Hunters are pretty overpowered though; even when you get the jump on them.

Back
Top Bottom