*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Man of Honour
OP
Send me a message in game (Surtr) and if im not on just give a shout in the general channel m8.

Can you not throw an invite while they are offline?

Going to try to get on this later - have outlevelled Nar Shaddaa by about 6 levels, so thinking of doing my class quests then moving on. Will probably come back to Nar Shaddaa one day down the line, just for completion, but I am wasting a lot of time and low level XP there.

Great grouping with TDR last night :) - can't wait to raid with everyone. Just a reminder that if you are going PvE, join Frostclaw ;)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Have EA/Bioware really allwoed people to create chars on the server that had massive Queues already? :confused:

immense fail on their part if they have .

I remember the same situation on Aion, they lost people fast, even with redoing it so that if you crashed or anything then you had a small grace period to log back in without having to Queue

Associate
Got an new computer(As my old one was *****) and have re-installed the game expecting Bioware to have done something about the queues, instead it is 9:35 and I am around position 500 in the Queue for ToFN... Think I might pick a different server to play on for a while, any suggestions?

Soldato
indeed the servers that were already full they should have limited if not prevented new people using them. That said it would be harsh as there may be ocuk ppl or other guilds etc were their guildies didnt get early access and want to join their fellow players.

:(

Oh and with regards to the CE I have to say it is a extremely lovely package. As mentioned the OST is really really nice. The model is very nicely done overall im pleased I purchased it.

Associate
500 is nothing, you'll be on in half an hour :p

Estimated wait is 45 mins and that usually goes up so is most likely going to be longer than half an hour...

Would be nice if they allowed you to look at all servers and their queues while in the queue for one server, rather than having to leave that to look around..

Soldato
They should allow a 15 minute or so window from logging out/crashing/disconnecting to reconnecting to ensure people don't get stuck in a queue, I can imagine being half way through a raid where a member would crash and than be forced to wait for an hour to rejoin only for another to crash as they got back into the game.

Priority could also be given to those that have been in a guild or in early access for a week or so, this would deter new players from rolling on one of the more populated servers.

Soldato
If it's full now in the morning on EU servers.... owch.

But I believe the kids are off school atm, so the servers will be taking an average average beating early in the day.

I've already ditched two sets of characters to avoid the massive waits - I'll be very annoyed if I have to ditch anymore - I CBA doing the starter worlds AGAIN (was in general beta for months, so done them too many times)

Soldato
I've made a few characters in the early access and have one guilded on Red Eclipse but have always figured that today would be the day that determines the queues and which server I would end up on. I don't care about losing my EA characters to be honest and it's looking like Bacca's Blade might be my new server as it's population looks low.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Difference is this is about a billion times better than Aion :p

They do need to sort these queues though.

How is it better than Aion?
Its exactly the same...

Thousands of people watching a countdown to play :p

After teh way they managed the game/site tie in and the early game access I'm pretty sure it woudl be easy enough to lock the servers from any more population unless its a guilded char already?

also whats with the instancing?
I was running around DK last night and a mate tried to port to me, cant instance full, I swear I had seen about 4 people lol

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
Easy a lot of the new people who got in for release have chosen the already full servers and not the new light ones.

So what you get is bigger queues than we have had the past week, voila and a brilliant pat on the back for Bioware/EA for making this happen! I don't mind queues, but to allow all the new players to roll on the already full servers was not a good idea.

Yes but its also a kind of damned if they do damned if they don't situation, if they block new players from those servers some people will be happy because the queues might be smaller. On the other hand some people won't be happy because friends/family who didn't pre-order won't be able to join them there and they'll have to reroll or not play with them. Hopefully things will ease over the next week and the population will spread a bit.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't really get the instancing either, they could definitely fit more people in each instance - haven't had any trouble switching between them, but more than anything it just takes too long (even with TOR on my SSD).

Back
Top Bottom