*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Qel

Qel

Associate
Got my collectors edition yesterday but reading this thread think ill stick too BF3 untill the new year :S

Dont fancy waiting around to log in, remember it when I played WoW but thats long gone :(

They've put up about 10 new servers today, I wouldn't be surprised if they put more up during the week. I'd say unless you specifically want to play with someone/a guild who is on an established server with queues then just start and pick a new server which are all light atm.

Soldato
How is it better than Aion?
Its exactly the same...

Thousands of people watching a countdown to play :p

After teh way they managed the game/site tie in and the early game access I'm pretty sure it woudl be easy enough to lock the servers from any more population unless its a guilded char already?

also whats with the instancing?
I was running around DK last night and a mate tried to port to me, cant instance full, I swear I had seen about 4 people lol

The instancing thing is the funniest part about the queues....

THERES NO POINT BEING ON A BUSY SERVER BECAUSE YOU WILL BE INSTANCED OFF WITH ONLY 50-100 PEOPLE ANYWAY!!!!!

... ahem :p

Its a cheap **** move by Bioware/EA in the first place instancing people (and it kills off world pvp in one fell swoop) but the idiocy of people still wanting to play on a busy server? lol. You won't see anyone else anyway to enjoy the atmosphere!

Only reason I won't re-roll is I have put a lot into my character and I am in a good guild, letting a load of people onto the server is just silly. Ad other mentioned, priority to higher levels logging in or priority to those in a guild. Essentially make it counter productive and irritating for new players to roll on a busy server thus spreading the population.

But in the EA "we don't give a **** about customers" world this won't happen as long as we keep paying. Could a worse company be in charge of an MMO which needs active community support and engagement? :rolleyes:

edit: Not wanting/able to play yet this morning but checked and its a 300 queue already on Niman. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
OP
Ridiculous, think I'm going to roll my Republic chars on another server then and keep FC for my Empire ones only.

Really hope they sort this out fast, I'm not a very patient individual :(

I would suggest Kellian Jarro, since many other OcUK have rolled there during peak times, but looking at the server list, they all seem pretty full (and if they aren't, they soon will be!).

Soldato
Yes but its also a kind of damned if they do damned if they don't situation, if they block new players from those servers some people will be happy because the queues might be smaller. On the other hand some people won't be happy because friends/family who didn't pre-order won't be able to join them there and they'll have to reroll or not play with them. Hopefully things will ease over the next week and the population will spread a bit.

I know that, but the guild selection program was being bigged up to stop these problems. I don't know it's not been a bad launch but they could have done so much better.

Soldato
I would suggest Kellian Jarro, since many other OcUK have rolled there during peak times, but looking at the server list, they all seem pretty full (and if they aren't, they soon will be!).

It's full :p

edit: There are 13 English servers with Light/Standard population.

26 servers are full.

They could have easily put measures in place to force a spread but instead the MMO sheep mentality has kicked in :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Problem is people are doing this and exacerbating the problem because EA/Bio won't just come up with a sensible solution themselves.

I have definitely been playing for a lot longer because I know that if I log out, then I won't be getting back in.

None of the afk tricks work though, at least not for me :p

Just looked at the server list and there are plenty of "light" population servers now.

Of course, when you think about it, the first servers that came online will always be busy - we all rammed into them and made characters. Many friends, guildies etc will now be joining those servers also. No idea what Bioware are going to do tbh, like they say, they can't increase the number of player slots by so much.

Associate
Take it the servers are up now??? Just that atm i have no servers showing up in my server list for the EU and US...

edit some reason its slow for showing the list... all fine now.

Last edited:
Associate
Sat here with my laptop feeling ill. What are the ques like for Niman? Hoping to feel better for the immortals world boss attempts. Im guessing i should start queing now with some of the posts above :D

Soldato
I wonder what the current server population limits actually are, I'm taking a punt at 2000/2000 for republic and sith.

I bet they will Increase It by 100/100 a day or something ridiculous like that until things are sorted out, I don't mind queueing for 20 minutes but anything longer than that Is just ridiculous.

Man of Honour
Sat here with my laptop feeling ill. What are the ques like for Niman? Hoping to feel better for the immortals world boss attempts. Im guessing i should start queing now with some of the posts above :D

20 minutes or so. Not too bad at the minute.

Associate
Crazy isn't it! I am out for the next 40 mins, but figured I better get in the queue now.

Plus, because of the time of day, not only is it getting longer, it also isn't moving!

Aye, I scheduled my PC to boot up at 5pm so I can log in from work and get the ball rolling, but think I'm gonna have to start doing it at 4pm instead if this is how it's going to be! :eek:

Caporegime
Legions full .... why the **** aren't they locking the full servers down to new players for crying out loud.

I don't buy the "re-roll" solution, i've got 1 level 25 character and a level 16 character, probably about 30 hours ploughed in thus far, I don't want to start again....

Free migration please.

Back
Top Bottom