*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Any chance someone could post what's in that link here? Can't access from work and got nothing to do :D

Basically Bioware are channelling new players to less populated servers by apparently altering population limits to deter new comers, So average population servers would have decreased caps to move players towards the light servers.

New players don't want to be waiting In a queue for 30 minutes and want to create a character and start palying, makes sense to channel them to the new servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=56624

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The voice of insight speaks?

I know three people who have just logged in for the first time in the past few hours and none of them have been 'ushered' to any servers.

They can't implement a server lock system now, it's too late. People wouldn't be able to join their guild on ToFN for example, so they wouldn't play.

They could be fiddling the server limits though I suppose for unaffiliated people, it's hard to tell.

Soldato
Basically Bioware are channelling new players to less populated servers by apparently altering population limits to deter new comers, So average population servers would have decreased caps to move players towards the light servers.

New players don't want to be waiting In a queue for 30 minutes and want to create a character and start palying, makes sense to channel them to the new servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=56624

Well they should have made it so that if they are doing this artificially, that if you have a character on the server above a certain level (5 or something) then you automatically bypass the artificial queue so you can play your already established character on that server.

Caporegime
I know three people who have just logged in for the first time in the past few hours and none of them have been 'ushered' to any servers.

They can't implement a server lock system now, it's too late. People wouldn't be able to join their guild on ToFN for example, so they wouldn't play.

They aren't directly ushering people to new servers. However, if they lower the pop cap so that servers are full, it might deter players who are say, unguilded, to join a light server.

Makes sense to me, whether that's happening or not is a different story.

They could be fiddling the server limits though I suppose for unaffiliated people, it's hard to tell.

Exactly.

Associate
Just queued for over an hour to get on Frostclaw and theres virtually no one in game. im at the Republic fleet HQ and theres 61 people here .. no instances or anything

Bioware are trying to keep newcomers from coming to the server but they're also stopping people with toons getting on by the looks of things... And forget trying to get a flashpoint done ...

DinAlt

Soldato
Just queued for over an hour to get on Frostclaw and theres virtually no one in game. im at the Republic fleet HQ and theres 61 people here .. no instances or anything

Bioware are trying to keep newcomers from coming to the server but they're also stopping people with toons getting on by the looks of things... And forget trying to get a flashpoint done ...

DinAlt

Just because people are not on the fleet doesnt mean it's empty... there are like 17 odd worlds!

Associate

DinAlt

It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense limiting servers so strictly, when everything can exist in mulitple instances? Artificial (low) limits are just going to annoy the hell out of existing players, and those trying to join their guildmates/friends.

It's not a good look...

Permabanned
All I can say is you guys are just speculating to the max. Nobody can guess correctly what BW are doing cos they won't admit it anyway ;)

The queue on ToFN has moved extremely quick this morning going from 1200 to the current 30 in about an hour. That took me about 5 hours to get through yesterday.

Soldato
Why?

I am rarely on the space station myself... ?

There are probably 10 minutes of quest time spent there, most people just get on with the Esseles and move on to Coruscant before coming back at 19 or so when they have finished It to do Hammer Station and check vendors, the greater majority of those who have been in early access are in the high teens to low twenties.

Head to Coruscant/Taris to check population better, or Tython/Ord Mantell to see how many new-comers there are.

Associate
Thats because you have spent that long playing the game you have probably done all the content there already, why would you be there?

There's not really all that much on the station :confused: most people will be on planets running missions, heroics and flashpoints I imagine.

Soldato
Coruscant is definitely the better bet to judge population. People fly through the starter planets, have a look around the station / do the flashpoint, and by now most people are still on Coruscant or starting into Taris.

Soldato
It always appears to be the busiest area whenever i'm in game.

People crafting, gaining skills, PVP'ing, idling etc.

I actually find myself there quite a bit, reminds me of SW or Org.

It's nice that It contains all vendors and trainers etc in a single location without a whole lot of running between them.

I tend to find myself Idling In the area where I'm levelling which In this case Is Tattooine.

I spent most of yesterday Idling Inside an Imperial Outpost waiting for levellers, Most don't put up a good fight except for the odd Bounty Hunter or Inquisitor. :(

Back
Top Bottom