*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Soldato
Is there no OCUK PvP Republic Guild? Kinda prefer the Consular to the Inquisitor, lobbing rocks at things is amusing. :)

Have you seen the official forums with people complaining its the worst launch in MMO history...? Methinks they havent been in many MMO's at launch!

Associate
i definitely prefer "hanging out" on the fleet station, personally. it feels more like a hub than coru does. though i got my own ship last night so i guess i'll hide in there now :D

Associate
question here.

Somone posted the information about grace perod and it said "enter game code as well as payment details":eek:

You sure about that? As from what i know you dont enter any payment details untill you want to start to subcribe to the game ie YOU dont need to enter tham if you bought the game BOXED.

All you do is enter game code then once time period runs out only then you enter the payment details.

Also any ideas of actually how full frostclaw server is? as it seems to be the one full of OVCK members but from the sounds of things it sounds rather empty in most places.

Soldato
Is there no OCUK PvP Republic Guild? Kinda prefer the Consular to the Inquisitor, lobbing rocks at things is amusing. :)

Have you seen the official forums with people complaining its the worst launch in MMO history...? Methinks they havent been in many MMO's at launch!

The Immortals on NIman server.

Its half ocuk/half long term mmo clan. Really nice atmosphere!

Ole

Ole

Associate
Personally I think they underestimated the game popularity. My guess is they thought they would get lot of people but not as many as they actually did. That all said this sorta crap happens with every new MMO. People jump ship looking for the next WoW killer. After a couple weeks or when their sub runs out they give up and move to something else after that the server queues will die down.

I think if you really enjoy the game stick with it. I bet it will die down after xmas/30day free sub.

The real issue is trying to guess how much the servers will quieten down. It'd be annoying to re-roll on a server with no queues and then after the initial 30 days, or later down the line, find yourself on a ghost server and needing to pay for a character transfer.

Bit of a balancing act really. At the moment I'm happy with Niman, as queues are bearable, which should mean it will be decently busy after the initial 30 days.

Associate
You need to subscribe for 1 month (at least) to get the 30 free days. Bit of a scam but ho hum there you go! :p

Don't think you do, if you decide you don't like it within the first month then cancel the account. It will still run for the free period then stop at that without charge.

Last edited:
Soldato
question here.

Somone posted the information about grace perod and it said "enter game code as well as payment details":eek:

You sure about that? As from what i know you dont enter any payment details untill you want to start to subcribe to the game ie YOU dont need to enter tham if you bought the game BOXED.

Every subscription mmo i've ever tried has asked for payment details before you get the included 30 days, you just don't get billed till after the 30 days are up.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Every subscription mmo i've ever tried has asked for payment details before you get the included 30 days, you just don't get billed till after the 30 days are up.

and if for some reason you don't feel its worth the fee you can cancel before your 30 days are up.

Associate
Don't think you do, if you decide you don't like it within the first month then cancel the account. It will still run for the free period then stop at the without charge.

Yes you do. Standard practice in mmorpg's, and in fact it tells you this if you log on to the site to put your code in ;) Subscribe, add a game card, or you wont be able to play - of course you can cancel once you have access & you'll get your 30 days, but you have to sign up to begin with.

Just re-read your post, I think you're talking more about the charge for subscription being made, whereas I'm saying you have to set up a subscription regardless. So we're saying the same really :D

Associate
The real issue is trying to guess how much the servers will quieten down. It'd be annoying to re-roll on a server with no queues and then after the initial 30 days, or later down the line, find yourself on a ghost server and needing to pay for a character transfer.

Bit of a balancing act really. At the moment I'm happy with Niman, as queues are bearable, which should mean it will be decently busy after the initial 30 days.

I'm guessing there's no actual stats of users & chosen sides per server?

I doubt it, because it would just be used as another stick to beat the developers with ;)

Back
Top Bottom