What deodorant / anti-perspirant do you use?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ok, this is kinda embarrassing. I've always been one to mock those who get BO, using the old 'they don't use deo/anti-perspirant/wash enough' line, but I'm getting BO now even though I do use it! So I know that some deos work for me and others don't and occasionally I'll find that one brand stops being effective and I'll have to change to another for a while. Only problem, is none of them seem to be working at the moment! The last one that was the most effective (a Nivea one with silver ions) has been discontinued. Anyone got any suggestions?

I do a lot of running and cycling which, in the past, has never made it worse. I shower once a day and always after sport. Do you runners/cyclists use a special deo?

Soldato
I have never found an anti perspirant that actually works, sweat just as much with or without it, so now i don't bother at all. I know the nivea one you are on about that was the last one i tried, didn't make the slightest difference for me. So i just shower and use a random deodorant when i go out and hope i don't get too hot while i'm out.

Caporegime
i think the less chemicals you use the better it is for you, that dri color stuff is supposed to work but be really harmful for your body and stings like hell.

i suggest you try showering 2 times a day and use no soap or shampoo, just water, see if that makes a difference. you dont need soap or shampoo unless your really dirty, which you should'nt be unless your cycling on a dirt track in the rain.

Associate
Also, the tops you're wearing tend to make a big difference, i've got a couple of old shirts i've worn under a jumper for work and when I do get a bit of a sweat they seem to smell much worse than newer clothes. I have rugby tops that smell of sweat before I've even worn them..some fabric just tends to hold it more!

Try trimming too, might be making a little oven under there ha :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
I'm also using the dark green Mitchum 48hr.

Fresh sweat shouldn't smell though - are you sure your washing machine/detergent is working properly?
Yeap, it's definitely me, not my clothes :D

Also, the tops you're wearing tend to make a big difference, i've got a couple of old shirts i've worn under a jumper for work and when I do get a bit of a sweat they seem to smell much worse than newer clothes. I have rugby tops that smell of sweat before I've even worn them..some fabric just tends to hold it more!
I wondered if it's because I've started wearing textile running tops instead of cotton t-shirts. They might be trapping the stinkus maximus bacteria in my pits instead of soaking it away like the cotton does?

Back
Top Bottom