Facetime expert?

Soldato
Hi

I have face time setup on my imac (home) iphone (with me at all times) ipad2 (when I'm traveling) and mbp (at work) all with the same email address. What happens when someone tries to contact me? Do all the devices go off at the same time? and I can choose which device I answer it on? or will it go to a random one?

Do I have to leave my facetime app running on my imac/mbp for it to pickup.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I have facetime on my MBP and on my 4S.

If someone facetimes to me on my number just my phone rings, however if they do so to my email address then both my phone and MBP ring. Doesn't need facetime up for this. You can then answer on whatever one you want

Permabanned
Hi

I have face time setup on my imac (home) iphone (with me at all times) ipad2 (when I'm traveling) and mbp (at work) all with the same email address. What happens when someone tries to contact me? Do all the devices go off at the same time? and I can choose which device I answer it on? or will it go to a random one?

Do I have to leave my facetime app running on my imac/mbp for it to pickup.

Thanks in advance

This won't work at all if all devices have the same email address for their FaceTime, you need to assign each one with its own email address and go from there. You can just add an existing email address to each of the devices you use now and they can use that email address.

As long as you have FaceTime activated and you have a wifi connection it should work

Soldato
This won't work at all if all devices have the same email address for their FaceTime, you need to assign each one with its own email address and go from there. You can just add an existing email address to each of the devices you use now and they can use that email address.

As long as you have FaceTime activated and you have a wifi connection it should work

Not true, it works as mentioned prior to your post, all devices ring, I have done it myself.

Back
Top Bottom