'Gay' as a derogatory term, acceptable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you? The only problem you could have with it is your own or other peoples perception of it. Which surely your sons happiness would be above?
Why would you be ashamed? What's wrong with being gay?

Being gay is the most abnormal thing for any species.
You are designed to have sex with a female of the same species to reproduce. Being gay is a fundamental birth defect and it is cringeworthy to see men kissing in public.

The lack of desire to have sex with a member of the opposite sex is a catastrophic flaw. If we all were gay we would have died out a long time ago.

Might I add, I am in no way into religion.

Soldato
You have 2 dads and no mum, therefore you're different, we don't like you and we're going to beat you up and steal you're lunch money because you're different
So you think gay people shouldn't have kids because those kids might get bullied for having gay parents? Should we also prevent ginger kids being born, and single parents, and anything else that might differentiate them from the rest of the unique people in their class?

Soldato
You are designed to have sex with a female of the same species to reproduce. Being gay is a fundamental birth defect and it is cringeworthy to see men kissing in public.

The lack of desire to have sex with a member of the opposite sex is a catastrophic flaw. If we all were gay we would have died out a long time ago.

and who's saying we should all be gay?
Maybe it's a completely natural population control method.
Why else would it be exhibited by every single species known to man if it were unatural?
Most species don't give two hoots about what they stick it in, so long as it lets them.

And even given all of that, why would you think it was shameful?
Would you also feel ashamed if they were born with a disability?

Soldato
So you think gay people shouldn't have kids because those kids might get bullied for having gay parents? Should we also prevent ginger kids being born, and single parents, and anything else that might differentiate them from the rest of the unique people in their class?

Gays yes
Gingers yes lol

Single parents can't really be helped, plus as I understand it, divorce is on the rise and is almost becoming the norm

That's something that schools should be responsible for, not a reason why gays can't adopt.

Because we all know how good schools are at policing bullying LOL!

Soldato
Technically maybe, in reality I've grown up with it being another word for stupid so I'm not subconsciously thinking gay people are stupid or anything.

Me to but I know that the meaning of gay is happy or homosexual so I don't say it in the context of stupid because it is offensive to some people....

Let me put this another way:

"Stop being black!"

Black is used in this context to mean stupid (as you said with gay)

Black means either the colour or a type of person.

No one would argue that if the person is not black this could be considered racist.

Now:

"Stop being gay!"

Gay is used in this context to mean stupid.

Gay means either happy or a type of person

There is no difference you are still being derogatory.

This really is my last post here as its defending into chaos...

Soldato
The argument that if everyone was gay we'd all die out is ridiculous anyway, people would still get pregnant they just wouldn't enjoy it as much :p

You could equally say if everyone was born a straight male we'd also die out. Or straight female, doesn't make being either of those unnatural.

Soldato

Well no, it isn't. It happens much more frequently than some other genetic variations.

You are designed to have sex with a female of the same species to reproduce. Being gay is a fundamental birth defect...

You're not designed for anything, evolutionarily speaking not being gay is beneficial. However so is having 20/20 vision, not going bald, not being short. Thankfully we live in a society where natural selection isn't nearly as prevalent.

and it is cringeworthy to see men kissing in public.

Not really any moreso than a straight couple.

So? We're not all gay, it's irrelevant. Also, being gay doesn't stop you from reproducing. It's not like they're infertile.

Associate
You have 2 dads and no mum, therefore you're different, we don't like you and we're going to beat you up and steal you're lunch money because you're different

Nothing of the sort.

I believe it truly is against the natural order of things and unfair on the child to expect them to grow up in such an environment.

Homosexuality is natural - fine. Well it's also natural they they lack the ability to raise children. They can't do it naturally, why should they be allowed to adopt? (Heterosexual couples who can't have children are different, they can at least provide a natural family unit).

What's more how the hell are two men going to be able to raise a girl properly? What about when she enters puberty? They going to teach how to put on a bra, etc? To have the vital connection between mother and daughter?

It's immoral and against the natural order of life.

Let them live in peace, let them prance around and profess their joy at what they are in the insufferable manner in which so many of them do at parades, etc.

But allowing them to raise kids is where I draw the line. It is 100% wrong in my honest opinion.

Caporegime
I think it's completely acceptable to describe some THING as gay. If people who bum each other don't like it, then they should find or invent a completely new word instead of hijacking an existing one.

"They" didn't choose it ;/

It was coined as a phrase because when a man was "especially happy" to see another man, he was dubbed as "being gay".

Associate

Yet I bet you'd have no problem with two women going at it in public.

Soldato
The argument that if everyone was gay we'd all die out is ridiculous anyway, people would still get pregnant they just wouldn't enjoy it as much :p

You could equally say if everyone was born a straight male we'd also die out. Or straight female, doesn't make being either of those unnatural.

Because carrying a baby for 9 months is hella fun!

glad I'm not a women

Associate
Nothing of the sort.

I believe it truly is against the natural order of things and unfair on the child to expect them to grow up in such an environment.

Homosexuality is natural - fine. Well it's also natural they they lack the ability to raise children. They can't do it naturally, why should they be allowed to adopt? (Heterosexual couples who can't have children are different, they can at least provide a natural family unit).

What's more how the hell are two men going to be able to raise a girl properly? What about when she enters puberty? They going to teach how to put on a bra, etc? To have the vital connection between mother and daughter?

Let them live in peace, let them prance around and profess their joy at what they are in the insufferable manner in which so many of them do at parades, etc.

But allowing them to raise kids is where I draw the line. It is 100% wrong in my honest opinion.

Lol. Just lol. You're a joke.

2 gay people would probably bring up a kid better than many of the women who just get knocked up so they can get a council flat and get on benefits.

Soldato
Nothing of the sort.

I do agree with you to a point, but if gays want to be treated equal then they should be allowed to adopt. I just don't think they should for the kids sake, if I was getting beaten up daily for having 2 dads (or 2 mums) I'd resent my parents

2 gay people would probably bring up a kid better than many of the women who just get knocked up so they can get a council flat and get on benefits.

I agree that they'd probably do a better job but again, daily beatings....probably not worth it

Associate
Lol. Just lol. You're a joke.

No less than I expected from your average apologist on this site.

An utterly weak minded response with an insult to boot.

You absolute cretin.

Refute my points with intelligent discourse or shut the hell up.

Soldato
Nothing of the sort.

I think it's fair to say we've surpassed the natural order of things in many ways. Flying isn't natural. Going 80mph in a tin can isn't natural. Large scale farming isn't natural.

How is it any different? If you're infertile you have less ability to have a child than someone who is gay.

Quite easily I should imagine. What about single Dads? Is that wrong?

Immoral? Says who? We make up our own morals and they change depending on the society in which we live.

Refute my points with intelligent discourse or shut the hell up.

Or he can do whatever the hell he likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom