Official page for the Asus VG278H now online.

Associate
Is there a way to select audio source in the monitors menu? You might have to select analogue input, as it may default to the HDMI audio source.

You could always try connecting a HDMI device with audio and see if you get anything out the speakers/headphones then.

Edit: Sorry after re-reading your post I get the impression that you are expecting audio to come from your PC via the DVI cable? DVI cable's do not carry audio, you want to take a 3.5mm audio cable from your PC's line out into the monitors audio input. My apologies if you know this and I just misunderstood your post.

Last edited:
Associate
wow, 6 years since my last visit to OCUK forums.

i would like to thank you guys, after reading this thread i was reassured, that a 27" would be better than than XL2420T :)

VG278H arrived yesterday and wow, it is awesome. while it is quite the shocker to go from dell u2311h to a 27 inch monitor, i have to hand it to dell, the ips panel has superior colors. i have been trying to somehow match the settings on the asus to what i have on the dell, but no success yet.

any pointers? i am currently using normal mode, brightness around 20, contrast around 60, color temps warm, skin natural.

will edit in the precise numbers when i am home from work in like 4 hours :)

anyway, thanks again guys, and any input is much appreciated.

here's a crappy picture of both my screens taken with a cellphone camera

edit: changed the picture to a link, since there's no autoresize here...sorry :)

http://i.imgur.com/d11sI.jpg

Associate
I'm having a issue maybe somebody can help me with, its a bit of a strange one. When i play fifa in 3d there is no blurring at all when the ball is kicked long and is fluid, when i click the 3d off using alt+t so it is in 2d mode its also perfect but there is a nvidia driver issue where you have to switch resolution to get it back to proper 2d mode because the back light stays on. When i have put the monitor back in proper 2d mode and play fifa its really blurry when the ball is kicked long, i dont understand why this is as its running at 120htz as it is when i have alt+t after using 3d.

What settings does 3d enable or dissable on the monitor that would effect the motion like this, i have to start the game in 3d then alt+t back into 2d for perfect blur free motion but looks bad because the backlight washes everything out.

Associate
I'm having a issue maybe somebody can help me with, its a bit of a strange one. When i play fifa in 3d there is no blurring at all when the ball is kicked long and is fluid, when i click the 3d off using alt+t so it is in 2d mode its also perfect but there is a nvidia driver issue where you have to switch resolution to get it back to proper 2d mode because the back light stays on. When i have put the monitor back in proper 2d mode and play fifa its really blurry when the ball is kicked long, i dont understand why this is as its running at 120htz as it is when i have alt+t after using 3d.

What settings does 3d enable or dissable on the monitor that would effect the motion like this, i have to start the game in 3d then alt+t back into 2d for perfect blur free motion but looks bad because the backlight washes everything out.

That reads like the ramblings of a mad man if i dont say so myself :D

Im basically saying i have no motion blur in 3d but i get bad blur in 2d on fifa :confused: Yet if i start a game in 3d then turn the 3d off mid game the 2d is perfect due to a nvidia driver bug

Associate
so guys, any owner care to share your monitor settings? i can't seem to be able to get the colors right on this one. mind you, i don't have a calibration device. would any1 mind sharing their settings for 2d?

i am running
standard mode
brightness 20
contrast 60
saturation 50 (greyed out)
color temp warm preset
smartview off

been trying to come close to the color settings on my DELL u2311h, but to no avail. i guess the IPS panel really makes the difference

Associate
so guys, any owner care to share your monitor settings? i can't seem to be able to get the colors right on this one. mind you, i don't have a calibration device. would any1 mind sharing their settings for 2d?

i am running
standard mode
brightness 20
contrast 60
saturation 50 (greyed out)
color temp warm preset
smartview off

been trying to come close to the color settings on my DELL u2311h, but to no avail. i guess the IPS panel really makes the difference

Have a search, I chose some different reviewrs/forum posters and went for the one I felt best with.

Dont be chasing the same colour definiition as your Dell!
Its a world apart from the TN Asus and you loose that by taking the TN.

But hey for BC2 in 3D nothing beats it! :D

Associate
That reads like the ramblings of a mad man if i dont say so myself :D

Im basically saying i have no motion blur in 3d but i get bad blur in 2d on fifa :confused: Yet if i start a game in 3d then turn the 3d off mid game the 2d is perfect due to a nvidia driver bug

If its a driver bug you'll just need to wait til its fixed.
Are you using the beta 290.36 nvidia drivers?

If not they might help, seem to have a few bug fixes in it.
If you have, then its the waiting game til they release a fix.

Maybe Santa will bring it! :p

Associate
If its a driver bug you'll just need to wait til its fixed.
Are you using the beta 290.36 nvidia drivers?

If not they might help, seem to have a few bug fixes in it.
If you have, then its the waiting game til they release a fix.

Maybe Santa will bring it! :p

It isnt the bug that bothers me ( it actually help :D ) i cant understand why in 2d fifa is blurry in fast motion and in 3d it isnt and alt+t out of 3d to 2d looks flawless :confused:

Associate
Have a search, I chose some different reviewrs/forum posters and went for the one I felt best with.

Dont be chasing the same colour definiition as your Dell!
Its a world apart from the TN Asus and you loose that by taking the TN.

But hey for BC2 in 3D nothing beats it! :D

i'm almost there, but i had to play around with nvidia control panel and the hue to +350 which made the blue look more blue instead of violet.

Associate
Hey guys, mine's arrived. Posted a seperate thread about this, but probably should have stuck here..!

I can't do 3D on my PC as I currently have an ATI card (fine), but was expecting to be able to play some 3D games on my PS3. I just get the message that a 3D compatible display isn't connected..? Could it be my HDMI cable?

Also - I thought you'd be able to sync the glasses and monitor somehow (for PS3 use) via the OSD menu. Glasses are charged but when I switch them on, the monitor doesn't respond, then the glasses switch off after 20 secs.

I am just being dumb here?

Associate
I can't do 3D on my PC as I currently have an ATI card (fine), but was expecting to be able to play some 3D games on my PS3. I just get the message that a 3D compatible display isn't connected..? Could it be my HDMI cable?

As far as I am aware you can't, I believe the PS3 needs side-by-side 3D mode and that is not supported by the ASUS display. This is the reason I did not buy the ASUS as I wanted side-by-side mode so I could also use my Sky HD box for 3D.

Associate
As far as I am aware you can't, I believe the PS3 needs side-by-side 3D mode and that is not supported by the ASUS display. This is the reason I did not buy the ASUS as I wanted side-by-side mode so I could also use my Sky HD box for 3D.

There's a thread on another forum where many people have this monitor, and have it working with their PS3 in 3D. I've posted there too as a new member, but no reply yet!

I simply want to make sure I don't have a faulty unit in any way.

Back
Top Bottom