VG278H Dont show up in Device Manager

Associate
Hey guys!

Just bought the nice Asus VG278H monitor and love it in every way but some problem occured today!

As I was trying to change my nvidia driver the 3d vision drivers wont install but the graphics drivers did no problem.

I see that the monitor dont show up in device manager so I think thats the problem and Asus dident send any drivers for the monitor on the Cd and I cant find it on the net!

Any suggestion what to do ?

Have seen some others have the same problem on Asus forum btw!

Associate
Mine does'nt show up in Device Manager either, it says Generic PnP Monitor.

But my 3D Vision set up worked fine, while it doesn't show in Device Manager it does say "Asus 120hz 3D" in the Nvidia 3D setup.

So while I don't know how to fix your problem, I don't think the monitor not displaying in Device Manager is the problem.

Associate
OP
Mine does'nt show up in Device Manager either, it says Generic PnP Monitor.

But my 3D Vision set up worked fine, while it doesn't show in Device Manager it does say "Asus 120hz 3D" in the Nvidia 3D setup.

So while I don't know how to fix your problem, I don't think the monitor not displaying in Device Manager is the problem.

I had to use a program to get the edid from the monitor so it shows up as Asus VG278H in device manager as I couldent even install the damn 3d vision drivers without it, strange!

Now my monitor shows up in Nvida CP same as your's but under the physx tab it says something like Ancor Communications so can you please check that for me and report back ?

Associate
I'm at work right now mate and then its my work Christmas night out so I won't be home till late and then i'll be in no state to check ;)

If I still remember tomorrow i'll find out for you mate.

Associate
I had to use a program to get the edid from the monitor so it shows up as Asus VG278H in device manager as I couldent even install the damn 3d vision drivers without it, strange!

Now my monitor shows up in Nvida CP same as your's but under the physx tab it says something like Ancor Communications so can you please check that for me and report back ?

Thats correct it should show that. Ancor Communications manufacture the monitor for Asus.

Mine shows as generic monitor in Device Manager but everything works fine, no issues at all so shouldnt matter if it shows as generic.

Try the beta nvidia drivers to get around the 3D issue and choose manual install, you should see the 3D installation options there and ensure they are ticked.

Associate
OP
Thats correct it should show that. Ancor Communications manufacture the monitor for Asus.

Mine shows as generic monitor in Device Manager but everything works fine, no issues at all so shouldnt matter if it shows as generic.

Try the beta nvidia drivers to get around the 3D issue and choose manual install, you should see the 3D installation options there and ensure they are ticked.

Hey and thanks for the reply!

Okey great then all is well there and btw I just installed the old official drivers from the Cd and voila it just works :D

Must be something about the new beta that it wont like!

Nice to know that it seems everyones VG278H show up as generic only!

Thanks again mate and merry christmas to you :)

Associate
Whoop whoop!

From Nvidia tech dude on their forum:

Our policy is to display it as 'Manufacturer Name' + 'Display Name'. Although the LCD monitor is made by Asus, the LCD panel is made by Ancor Communications. I tried to convince the software team to expand the length to display the complete text but unfortunately they did not want to do this. Windows displays just the manufacture name so you won't see Ancor Communications in the Windows properties. It is just text and does not affect how the monitors timings or any other information is interpreted.

Reckon its the nvidia drivers thats the issue with your 3D, stick with the one's that work until you feel brave enough for the newer ones!

Easy enough to roll back to the original working ones.

Ye ha, bring it on Santa! ! :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom