The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hot Cider Stall in Greenwich Market shot at ISO 2500 as the market was closing. Christmas coffee in greenwich starbucks before we got to my parents house tomorrow for the day. Some sneaky candids whilst my wife was browsing the stalls and haggling with the owners on one particular jewelry stand.
6565157749_25745788fc_b.jpg

Soldato
Man of Honour
Bit of something different, actually went out to shoot a landscape pano but it started raining and I didn't want to come back empty handed so I give you....Phone Booth :p

_MG_7118_19_20_21_22_tonemapped-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

f/1.4 so the cloud cover behind is nicely under bokehhhh. I shot this using 5 bracketed shots and merged in Photomatix with manual adjustments via ton map + detail enhancer. The plan was to get the lamppost highlights playing ball with the surrounding and getting the colours from the falloff nice too. Like Trey Ratcliff, I too like to keep a balance of blackness in HDR processing as it gives other colours more visibility.

There's just something different about pre-sunrise light, the colours all marry quite nicely.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Many thanks :) I sometimes get frustrated when I see amazing images but no notes on how those images were shot which then requires me to do various styles of web trawling to try and find tips or just go out and test stuff out until it works so I try to post details on more complex looking stuff when I can if it's not been covered before :p

Will be out tonight as well I reckon, thinking of going by foot this time and get some night time HDR around town etc. I my Red Snapper tripod is a rather meaty beast, for personal safety of course :p

Associate
Testing out my new olympus XZ-1. My 1st 'proper' attempt to take a 'good' picture - shot in RAW and edited in camera raw. Slightly adjusted WB, recovery, clarity, tone curve and some vignetting. Done on my laptop so colors might be off. C&Cs welcome (don't hold back, I can take it:D)

1stx.jpg

Associate
The windows key was meant to be the main subject, I guess I failed at emphasising it
I think he meant it as in keyboards are boring (although your focus does look a little off from the windows key). Try and take photos of more interesting subjects. What I tend to do is before I take a photo think to myself "Have loads of people already shot the same subject from the same angle?" and if the answer is yes, I save myself 20mb of card space and 1 shutter actuations :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom