Sale raiders are disgusting

Soldato
My condolences :(.
No wonder many people here in man cave their evenings. People in general are ****.

This, feel sorry for the OP. I've no time for people like that anymore. I've got a few customers like that on my round & I try not to stick around at their place in case they find an excuse to kick off at me.

I've been out of retail for over 10 years now & I cant say I miss it at all really.

Soldato
partner works at Harvey Nichols and during the opening rush a door was ripped off the hinges and a security guard thrown into the rush of people.
its also fact that its the Chinese/Japanese that are the most violent in the store, favouring pointed elbows to push people aside. I think some woman/girl has was also injured...possibly twice!
I think there's more stories but I zoned him out.

Soldato
Really do feel sorry for people working in retail. :(

This,

I use to work in one of the electrical retail stores for 6 years straight out of school until I decided what I actually wanted to do with my life. Obviously worked over christmas and I can safely say that people are like that due to how commercial christmas is as a whole. The NEXT sales are the single most saddest event I've ever witnessed in my entire life, where people are literally fighting over clothes and just grabbing anything off of the shelves.

My reply to the people that scream and shout about you ruining their christmas because you won't give them discount is along the lines of "Getting verbally abused for no reason is spoiling my christmas also. I might be wearing a uniform but I still spent christmas day with my family just like you did" and they usually shut up.

Soldato
I don't work for the NHS and yes, I'm happy to break those laws when needed :)

Just making sure you didn't think I was saying I work for the NHS as it's something special (and it isn't!), just that even something as big as the NHS are willing to break the laws when they are in need. :)

Soldato
I avoid the sales like the plague. I know some people who don't buy anything for the whole year and just wait for the sales. People don't realise there are bargains to be had all year round if you look in the right places.

Caporegime
Lakeside is the whitest of white when it comes to demographics. I shop there. Regularly. Never have I *ever* seen "the darkies" be in the majority.

Take your blinkers off, and get over your fear of different cultures, you weak, scared little man.

+1...now that Westfield in Stratford has opened, theres no need for them darkies to go Lakeside:p

Saying that my next door neighbour got up at 4am to go to the sales, they returned about 3pm lol...absolutely crazy some people. You wouldnt get me out of bed before 12:p

Associate
I worked boxing day yesterday. Oh dear it was hell. I'm working all this week too. Retail really sucks at times.

Apologies for getting on my high horse for a moment but it could be worse and you have no job. That in no way excuses the many idiots that turn out frothing at the mouth for the boxing day sales though. Politeness costs nothing and good manners do go a long way.

No job is perfect all the time but a job > no job

But on the flip side of that I haven't been in a customer facing role since 2003 which I am SO thankful for!

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
One reason I quit my part time retail job few weeks ago :)

Normal day was bad enough, boring as hell, no way could I handle Xmas sales! Never doing retail in my life again, worst job i've ever had! Some people seem to enjoy it for some strange reason so congrats to those who do..

Anyway I did my shopping online yesterday. Can still return any item I dont like for free if it doesnt fit etc.

Soldato
I think it's ****ing hilarious, I work in tescos, christmas eve I laugh because if we're out of something people say something like "Oh thanks you ruined my christmas"
I'm not being funny but it's christmas eve, we're going to sell out of turkeys, sprouts, bucks fizz, baileys and all that stuff. If you were stupid enough to wait it's your own fault.
Best one is people who showed up when we closed complaining they've not got a turkey, sausages for you it is, theres an esso garage down the road.

Luckily I've had the past few days off, back tomorrow for more laughing at idiot customers.

Aint going shopping til I have to, already got clothes else I'd be naked, got lots of food and 50 grams of bacci. What else could i want that wouldn't be cheaper online?

Last edited:
Associate
I think it's ****ing hilarious, I work in tescos, christmas eve I laugh because if we're out of something people say something like "Oh thanks you ruined my christmas"
I'm not being funny but it's christmas eve, we're going to sell out of turkeys, sprouts, bucks fizz, baileys and all that stuff. If you were stupid enough to wait it's your own fault.
Best one is people who showed up when we closed complaining they've not got a turkey, sausages for you it is, theres an esso garage down the road.

Luckily I've had the past few days off, back tomorrow for more laughing at idiot customers.

Aint going shopping til I have to, already got clothes else I'd be naked, got lots of food and 50 grams of bacci. What else could i want that wouldn't be cheaper online?

I've never understood that, people leaving it all 'till Christmas Eve. Nor by how much people buy, it's as if they think the world is due to end, it's only 2/3 days at most!!

Associate
I went out yesterday, as I am looking for a new HD digital video camera, my miniDV has finally died.

I could not even find 10 different cameras to look at or hold, and those that were on a shelf, weren't even charged or plugged in to try, and none were in the spec/price range I was looking for. It's no wonder the high street and even out of town retailers are struggling. They are all selling a poor selection across a huge range of products, rather than selling a huge selection of limited ranges.

Back
Top Bottom