What's the cleverest thing you understand or know how to do?

Soldato
How to stay single!

I don't even have to try. :D

More seriously, I can take one of these apart and put it back together again without the need for a manual.
127_l.jpg

Associate
I work in MRI so I hunt cancer for a living (amongst other nasties, believe me you don't want to know how many things are out there that are much worse).

Hobby wise I'm a shooter and can shoot a 3inch group at 600m without telescopic sights (7.62 with diopter sight).

other helpful skills include
having a sense of knowing when to duck
being able to cook a roast dinner
knowing when i've had enough to drink
knowing when I haven't had enough to drink!

Man of Honour
I guess I know more about law than 99% of the forum (based on the fact that 99% of people post a load of rubbish, when anything legal comes up... not because I'm God, ha).

It is sometimes a bit worrying what people will state as fact with regard to the law even when they're demonstrably wrong. It's a fascinating subject though and one I should probably know more about but the effort of keeping up to date is higher than the value I'd find in doing so.

However, by far the most impressive thing I can do at a party is to open one beer bottle with another. The mostly Filipino crew of the ship taught me that one, as that's how they roll in the Philippines, they never use bottle openers. And to be fair it is quite handy. I've found myself doing some stupid things when I've found myself caught out without a bottle opener in the past. :o

You can do it about as easily with a cigarette lighter too.

I don't know if there's anything particularly clever I can do, there's a variety of simple things I can do passably but I generally figure that if I can do it that probably mitigates against it being hugely complex. :)

Man of Honour
It is sometimes a bit worrying what people will state as fact with regard to the law even when they're demonstrably wrong. It's a fascinating subject though and one I should probably know more about but the effort of keeping up to date is higher than the value I'd find in doing so.

I sometimes wish I knew the very basics.
This last month I've had 3 phonecalls from different departments asking me a legal question and they've needed the answer immediately and both times the respective experts were out of the office.
I did have a 4th but I answered that because I'd had that one a couple of months earlier so knew the answer.

Soldato
getting a valid home address from someone too drunk to stand.

its a fine art honed with years of taxi experience,

i'm also skilled in the quickest and easiest ways to remove vomit from the inside of a vectra

Back
Top Bottom