Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Right heres a little question, I have a son, who doesnt live with me and i see once a week, would you still select you have children in the profile screen?
Or select no, but in the description bit add something about it?

Now for the last couple of months ive had it as Yes - But last night i changed it to No and today ive had 3 people message me, coincidence maybe but still odd.

I would definitely select yes.

I have a date on friday evening!, 3 days before christmas lol

What you doing?

Associate
Right heres a little question, I have a son, who doesnt live with me and i see once a week, would you still select you have children in the profile screen?
Or select no, but in the description bit add something about it?

Now for the last couple of months ive had it as Yes - But last night i changed it to No and today ive had 3 people message me, coincidence maybe but still odd.

I selected no. Why exclude yourself from part of the pool? If they like you enough when the time comes then they will be accepting (I'm in the same boat, children every other weekend) it is a dangerous move as I have found out to my cost with the last woman I was dating. But that has only happened once so far.

Soldato
With POF, do you have to pay to see whether they have read or deleted your message now? Kinda lame :(

Edit: Also, do women actively look through guys profiles and message them or just wait to be contacted?

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I was readyto give up and try the route that never works for me, I was ready to delete my account (I already deleted my PoF one) and got a message from some really nice girl.

I thought it was a joke at first as she seemed really attractive, exchanged messages for a few days, then she asked me for my number, I was gobsmacked, but still gave her it.

Had a few dates now and she's coming over tomorrow to watch some films and is bringing my a christmas present as I've got her one.

I've said this many times about a girl but genuinely think this one is a keeper after some lengthy conversations :D

Soldato
I'm onto a 4th date with a girl. I'm going to push seriousness cause I have had some messages from other girls who are boomting, and I don't mind taking it slow but I need to know whether its worth moving on..

Has anyone had this problem, you have a possible, but then have many other possibles....

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep you have to pay now to see if people have read your messages

Aw, that sucks. I guess I'll just wait a few days and see if I get a reply, if not I'll just move on.

Also, I've been using the 'Quick Message' thing on people's profiles to message girls, but the 'Subject' line is always 'Hi' or something. Can I personalise it?

Associate
I'm onto a 4th date with a girl. I'm going to push seriousness cause I have had some messages from other girls who are boomting, and I don't mind taking it slow but I need to know whether its worth moving on..

Has anyone had this problem, you have a possible, but then have many other possibles....

Mate, try 2.5 months and still no idea where its going? its frustrating. If you like each other then just say and act on it.

Soldato
Aw, that sucks. I guess I'll just wait a few days and see if I get a reply, if not I'll just move on.

Also, I've been using the 'Quick Message' thing on people's profiles to message girls, but the 'Subject' line is always 'Hi' or something. Can I personalise it?
Tbh, I think it's better to not know anyway. Just send loads of messages and if they reply then great, if they don't then you'll soon forget about them and move on to the next person anyway.

You should be able to set your default subject title under your mail settings.

Soldato
Tbh, I think it's better to not know anyway. Just send loads of messages and if they reply then great, if they don't then you'll soon forget about them and move on to the next person anyway.

You should be able to set your default subject title under your mail settings.

Thanks again, will give that a try :)

Soldato
Mate, try 2.5 months and still no idea where its going? its frustrating. If you like each other then just say and act on it.

Your right, and I know this. I have had hints that it will be new years eve ;)
If it's not then I will say something.

I have no advice there, but I just have to say that is such a first world problem :p

"Oh no! I have too many girls interested in me :(" :D

I know... It silly but the closer I get to 30, the more gracefully I grow old and they get desperate. :D

Permabanned
Well, I'm happy at the moment :)

The girl I met on POF over the summer and that I dated for a while back then is, after a couple of months of constant texting, but not seeing each other (I'm at uni) is now my girlfriend :). Well, has been for about a week and a half :)

She's coming out with me on new years, and is staying over for the whole weekend :).

Guess these sites really do work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom