Steam Christmas Sale 2011

Soldato
Nothing in the Steam sales for me so far - i know there is still time for that to change. GoG is where its at this year.
I think having Skyrim and Shogun 2 to play has me content on the Steam side of things.

Soldato
i think i am going to have to stop buying "old games" in these sales - i am just too much of a graphics whore. Picked up far cry and mass effect, and it even on max settings it feels like playing counterstrike on my old 733mhz pc a decade ago.

Im sure they are great games, but im a **** for the eye candy :o

speaking of which, homefront is a very handsome game, but pretty average shooter. Just about worth its current price tag IMO...

mass effect looks pretty good still if you ask me.

Soldato
Just tried to get the TF2 achievement and I can safely say I won't bother. The drops are rare as hell from enemies and unless you play it often you have no chance of getting 1 of them, let alone 3. Utterly awful game still though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJQBdCycEk

I could really do with Left 4 Dead 2 at under £4 today. C'mon Steam!

It will be in the sale as there is an achievement for it, not sure when mind.

Hoping for some form of racing game today..

My G25 is sat, covered in dust, staring at me, wanting me to use it.

Same, my G27 has hardly been used. Hoping for Shift 2 cheap.

Associate
Just tried to get the TF2 achievement and I can safely say I won't bother. The drops are rare as hell from enemies and unless you play it often you have no chance of getting 1 of them, let alone 3. Utterly awful game still though.

The gifts you need aren't from the normal drop system, they just appear in-game when people die. I played for all of 20 minutes and got the 3 I needed, then ignored about 3 more.

Soldato
OP
Deus Ex HR hasnt shown up yet on steam.

However its due to be on greenmangaming with a discount on new years eve I think, check their forum for winter vouchers. I think its something like 66% off Dx HR.

Associate
Just soloed the dungeon defenders winter achievement on my level 39 apprentice, was pretty annoying but nowhere near as annoying as the revenge of the titans one.

Just hope if the super meat boy achievement comes up it is finish a single level, I can beat a few of the kids xmas levels but there is no way I could finish them all in one sitting.

Back
Top Bottom