Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 flashing led

Associate
Hi all, hope someone can help me out here....

I have been given an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 Cloud Edition NAS drive for crimbo, but i cannot get it to work.

As soon as i attach the power cable i get a blinking white LED and thats it, now and then i hear the drives whrr, but nothing else happens. The Iomega software does not detect it either. I did manage to get the light to stay on once, but then as the software could not detect it i restarted the NAS and never got a solid light since.....

Andy ideas? i'm on a mac if it makes any difference.

Associate
Mac is supported so thats not a problem.

The NAS needs to be attached to the router or switch for initial setup unlike older models that needed to be attached direct to the computer.

I'm sure you have already looked ... but below is the link to the manufacturers support page for Mac users.

https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/cust_alp/p/1031,1071/c/73

I've had a brief look through and they seems to cover most things

Good luck :)

Nice piece of kit... lucky bugger :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the link. I have been looking through, but only found one small thing i could try and that would be to reset using the pin button on the back. If this does not work then i cannot find anymore help on the site :(

And yes i do have it all connected up via a switch etc and would be a very nice piece of kit if i could get it working ! lol

Associate
OP
Nope, not managed to get the mac to see it at all yet. At work now, so can't even try the reset, but i will when i get home later, did not realise there was arest button:rolleyes:

Really frustrating though, i see that they say that it can take an hour or so for the drive to build, but i have left it over night and the LED still blinks...lol

Associate
OP
Just tried the reset option and nothing has changed, i guess i shall leave it for an hour to make sure it;s not doing something. I tried holding the reset button in whilst the device is on (white LED flaming as usual) and whilst the device was off (no power attached) as the instruction did not specify and wanted to make sure.

Associate
Question

What should I do if my Iomega iConnect's LED doesn't stop flashing?
Answer

It is normal for the blue LED on the iConnect to flash while the unit is booting up. When the boot cycle is complete, the LED will be a solid blue. In a few cases, the LED may continue to blink or flash. If you cannot connect to your Iomega iConnect and the blue LED remains flashing after 15 minutes, please contact Iomega Technical Support. We can help you resolve the problem.

https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

I know it's not a iConnect... but you really need tech support help now :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom