Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Congrats Shayper!

I'm having no luck at all either secretspy, I thought you met someone though :D. People tell me that know me I'm a really good person and very kind that i'll meet someone and treat them right. Not having much luck so far

Soldato
MisChief and secretspy, is there any chance you could look over my profile for me? I just want a female opinion on it - not sure how I come across in the 'About me' bit. Brutal honesty required!

Can I mail in trust?

Last edited:
Associate
Sad but true.... :D

ng.JPG

Soldato
Anyone have tips for sending messages? I've just been going for a creative title/observation based on their profile for the subject line, and then talking a little about myself and asking more questions about their interests etc in the message.

Some girls put literally zero information in their profiles though and just say 'message me to learn more' - no thanks.

Is it considered rude to ask people without pictures for one? I don't mean to seem shallow, but physical appearance is kinda important.

I've also started to put stuff like "Looking forward to hearing from you" or similar at the end of messages, hopefully that will encourage them to reply a bit more.

I also signed up to Okcupid...some of the questions on there are really personal. The matchmaking system seems better though, and there's generally a lot more info on people's profiles.

Soldato
Personally I think the first message shouldn't be too long.
Otherwise you could spend so much time on it only to find they don't reply or they are not interested for whatever reason.

I usually say Hi, your profile caught my eye so I thought I'd send a message to say hello. Then I'd mention something in their profile, either a common interest (and say that is) or something different and ask a question about it.
Then I'd end with something like would be good to hear from you but if not good luck on pof :)

Associate
Personally I think the first message shouldn't be too long.
Otherwise you could spend so much time on it only to find they don't reply or they are not interested for whatever reason.

I usually say Hi, your profile caught my eye so I thought I'd send a message to say hello. Then I'd mention something in their profile, either a common interest (and say that is) or something different and ask a question about it.
Then I'd end with something like would be good to hear from you but if not good luck on pof :)

This is good advice (it is such a chat roulette that there isn't a common starting email that you can use) although I never say "hope to hear back from you" sounds a little needy imo, they are either going to reply or not reply. If they don't then move on if they do then great that's the important hurdle jumped.

Also never use the Quick Email or if you do make sure you set your default subject to start with "RE:" that way it makes it look like she has already talked to you ;) can be handy if she is wading through many emails.

Has anyone else noticed how **** women are at writing an opening email yet, or am I just attracting the wrong ones?

Permabanned
Anyone have tips for sending messages? I've just been going for a creative title/observation based on their profile for the subject line, and then talking a little about myself and asking more questions about their interests etc in the message.

Some girls put literally zero information in their profiles though and just say 'message me to learn more' - no thanks.

Is it considered rude to ask people without pictures for one? I don't mean to seem shallow, but physical appearance is kinda important.

I've also started to put stuff like "Looking forward to hearing from you" or similar at the end of messages, hopefully that will encourage them to reply a bit more.

I also signed up to Okcupid...some of the questions on there are really personal. The matchmaking system seems better though, and there's generally a lot more info on people's profiles.

Unless your an OK looking guy it doesn't matter what your message contains. :D I talk from experience. lol.

Associate
Unless your an OK looking guy it doesn't matter what your message contains. :D I talk from experience. lol.

Not sure if serious; with the right woman personality really does go a long way. Making a woman laugh/connecting with them is half the battle won. Of course most of these sites are infested with people of both sexes who have a vastly inflated opinion of themselves so you need to work out the sheep from the wolves (or spam every account you can)

Permabanned
Not sure if serious; with the right woman personality really does go a long way. Making a woman laugh/connecting with them is half the battle won. Of course most of these sites are infested with people of both sexes who have a vastly inflated opinion of themselves so you need to work out the sheep from the wolves (or spam every account you can)

Looks have a little part to play. It was a serious post.

Associate
Edit: Also, do women actively look through guys profiles and message them or just wait to be contacted?

Women DO message guys according replies in this thread. If you like the look/sound of somebody, message them.

Yep you have to pay now to see if people have read your messages

For realz? :eek: I guess the owner wasn't content with $$$ from advertising.

Tbh, I think it's better to not know anyway. Just send loads of messages and if they reply then great, if they don't then you'll soon forget about them and move on to the next person anyway.

Agreed, if they are interested they will reply. No point wasting your time thinking over why they read your message but didn't reply.

Associate
The girl I met on POF over the summer and that I dated for a while back then is, after a couple of months of constant texting, but not seeing each other (I'm at uni) is now my girlfriend :). Well, has been for about a week and a half :)

Guess these sites really do work :)

You're in the minority that it does work for. Cool!

I'm surprised you found a gf through POF. You always seemed like the outgoing/confident type who'd have no problem finding a gf anywhere. Weren't the girls @ Uni of Greenwich good enough? :D

Perhaps you can send some luck my way lol

Oh you're back! I guess you woke up after hibernating :D

You don't need luck, just need to know what you want. Serious reply :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom