Sporting Goals of 2012

Man of Honour
So, new year, new goals. Or old goals that still need smashing.

What does everyone want to achieve in 2012?

I'll start us off:

- fix my ankle so I can run/sprint/play american football again
- compete in the nationals of at least one powerlifting federation
- compete in the u90kg strongman comp. in the summer
- complete this www.uksca.org.uk/

Stay out of my plans Mayans :mad:

Soldato
-Get back into playing football now my knee has healed.
-Continue working on my flexibility and particularly my hip mobility (I was going to say thanks to icecold's excellent thread - but then I noticed who made this one!)
-Finally do metric and imperial centuries on the bike, done 80km far too often and need to step it up!

That's it I think! :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think more mad events are on the cards, like the Grim Challenge night terror and more. I think I want to do my first marathon this year, but I don't think I'm ready for an iron man yet. Definitely want to do more off-road and hill or mountain running. More mud, cold and generally ridiculous conditions is what I'm looking for :p

I've got the Kentish Killer booked for cycling in February, but I'm not sure how many of those road races I want to do.

Wouldn't mind doing a bit of upper body work at some point and see if I can get some strength back into my back and shoulders. Don't want to bulk up too much though, because carrying a stone of extra weight in my backpack really affects my running.

Soldato
Break one minute for 100m freestyle.

My p.b. when I stopped swimming aged 15 was 1:10. Trained 6 times a week.

I'm now 20, so have slightly more on my side with muscle growth ability and stuff. My current time though is way way down. Hell I don't even know if I could do 4 lengths fly flat out ATM....

So I guess:
Break 30 seconds again for 50 free
Break 30 seconds again for 50 fly
Break 1:00 for 100 free
Break 1:00 for 100 fly

I really doubt I'll do this, but I would absolutely love to. It's all about fitting in the training sessions...

kd

Soldato
1) Hit 10 - 11% bodyfat without losing strength or muscle mass at some point in the year.
2) Hit 150kg for reps on DL and Squats.
3) Hit 90kg for reps on Bench.

Soldato
1. Fix my diet. *I was doing well, fallen off the wagon recently*
2. Join a cycle club. *Done*
3. Enter my first time trial. *Due at the end of March*
4. Complete the Northern Rock Cyclone in under 6hrs 15mins. *Unlikely, but I'll give it a crack*
5. Ride on a velodrome for the first time. *Should get to do this in Geneva in May*
6. Cycle some Tour De France climbs in the Alps. *Trip planned for May*
7. Enter at least 5 Sportives this year.
8. Increase my confidence and bike handling on the MTB. Work on my ability to jump. *Crashed at Hamsterley at the weekend (and knee'd myself in the face :p) but my jumping seems to have improved a lot already*
9. Cycle the Coast to Coast route (140 miles) in under 9 hours. *Planned for May, currently looking like a tough month*
10. Cycle from Newcastle to Paris in 7 days. *Planned for June*

As you can see, quite a bit of cycling. I am keen on doing some other endurance events, but for an Ironman to work for me it would have to be a 200m swim, 150 mile ride and a 1km run. :p

Associate
Ah i have quite a few goals i like to plan my route a lot

• Firstly become slightly more active with my blog i want something to look back on progress wise
  • Continue with my steady weight gain - happy with progress 8-10kg this year would be nice
  • Get the big lifts over 100kg...might take me longer then 10 months though!
  • Return to sports teams - pick up rugby/football at uni

If i can tick 3 of these off by December ill be happy.

Back
Top Bottom