OCUK TF2 Server

Soldato
Well I found the OCUK server empty today, I think we should do something about this!

When: Tomorrow
Time: 4pm Onwards
Server: 85.236.101.73:37315

Plenty of time for those who haven't played to get it installed and setup.

It doesn't matter if you are newbie or Pro! Come along for the kills and glory!

Last edited:
Associate
Always wanted to play it but never got round to it, just seen it is free to play so think I might have a go, I will be quite bad though so don't laugh :p

Associate
Only got about 18% to download, should be ready to play soon. What is the max number of people you can have on the server btw? I doubt we will be anywhere near filling it but it is interesting to know.

Also, what is a good newbie class? Or does it depend on what role I want to play?

Man of Honour
Is this the one provided by multiplay rather than the one Link setup on the LinkTart dedi? It might be better going for the LinkTart one if you would like more control over how it is setup and ran :)

Soldato
Only got about 18% to download, should be ready to play soon. What is the max number of people you can have on the server btw? I doubt we will be anywhere near filling it but it is interesting to know.

Also, what is a good newbie class? Or does it depend on what role I want to play?

I think the OcUK one is 24, which is standard. But some can go up to 33.

In terms of classes, I suppose you could choose any really, here's a quick rundown:

Scouts - can run quickly, and capture points faster than other classes
Solider - Powerful rocket launcher, and can use it to 'rocket jump'
Pyro - Burn people, and they lose health for as long as they're on fire
Medic - heal teammates to fill charge, once filled, you can 'uber' and become invincible for a few seconds
Heavy - Very slow, but lots of health. Minigun takes a while to warmup
Engineer - build sentry to attack enemies, teleports, and dispensers to provide team with health ammo and metal
Sniper - as it says on the tin
Demo man - use grenades and sticky bombs
Spy - disguise as the enemy and stab them for an instant kill

In terms of best for newbies, I'd say to try one of the more generic classes - scout, soldier or sniper.

Back
Top Bottom