Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sad but true.... :D

I was thinking exactly that today and walking around town could prove it too

You went around town checking out girls chasing after the guys with baseball caps on backwards talking on their mobile? :D

Chris [BEANS];20907795 said:
Pfffft, 2011 sucked.....

Might actually try this next year. Created a profile last year and sacked it pretty quickly.

Try it for at least three months. By then, you'll know if its for you or not.

Associate
Soldato
Oh you're back! I guess you woke up after hibernating :D

You don't need luck, just need to know what you want. Serious reply :)

I'm not back I've always been around I just haven't seen the thread for a while. I don't know why you keep telling me that I need to know what I want. I do know exactly what I want. Just can't seem to meet the right person.

Unfortunately with the latest guy shortly after we met my dads health deteriorated. I have no plans to look anytime soon and tbh really don't care right now.

Soldato
I will but I still feel like I need to sort some stuff out before I put my self up for sale.

Even tho currently I am going out to bars regularly to meet woman, so im not sure what the difference is....

Last edited:
Soldato
Chris [BEANS];20935236 said:
Quick pof question....

If I hide my profile, and therefore can't be searched by my jolly and playful pals at work, can I still message people and once I have will they be able to view my profile??

I would presume so because you're not removing it just hiding it from the search. I hid my profile a while ago but I still get automated messages saying "these are your matches this week" so it still sees me as active.

Actually just thinking about it, yes once you've messaged they will be able to see your profile. (Although it also works if they search by your username) I remember a friend asking me to check his when he hid it

Associate
I've just joined eharmony over the free weekend and ended up extending it :o

Not been bad so far, i've sent 3 messages and 0 replies, but had 7 ladies start talking to me so far, including 1 who stands out from the rest. Not bad for <48 hours of being signed up.

Just quite a few messages with the 1 girl so far, 6 in 2 days. How many messages are normal before you mention meeting up?

Really new to this whole idea, so finding it quite strange TBH.

Associate
Nice, so is e harmony worth £20+ a month then? How many women do you find in your area around 20 - 30 ? guessing there's quite a few older women on there too?

Depends I've had some women offer me a number after only 4-5 messages (pof), maybe ring and arrange to meet up somewhere local you might have been going to already like the shopping centre then if you don't click at least you can do some shopping lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice, so is e harmony worth £20+ a month then? How many women do you find in your area around 20 - 30 ? guessing there's quite a few older women on there too?

Depends I've had some women offer me a number after only 4-5 messages (pof), maybe ring and arrange to meet up somewhere local you might have been going to already like the shopping centre then if you don't click at least you can do some shopping lol.

Haha that seems a good idea lol. I`ll let you know with eharmony, need to see how many messages convert to dates before i'd recommend it really. Money wasnt really an issue for joining and the interface is better than POF, but not convinced its worth the money TBH.

Soldato
I've actually started to prefer OkCupid. I think the interface is better, and although there are less girls in my local area, there's usually far more information about them in their profiles. Got a bit fed up of girls just writing a sentence or two on their pof page. The Match questions are quite useful too for weeding out personality traits that I don't like, and I feel like I get matched with people who share my interests/beliefs a lot more.

I have more success with messages on POF though...but the girls on OkCupid generally seem to be prettier ;) :D

sure lol

I think I still need to review someone elses as well. Seem to be a busy bee at the moment lol :D

Yup, mine! You should have an email haha. I got some good feedback from MisChief but I'm still trying to improve it. No hurry though.

Last edited:
Associate
I do know exactly what I want. Just can't seem to meet the right person.

Good to hear. I predict you're going to be married in the next three years :D

Even tho currently I am going out to bars regularly to meet woman, so im not sure what the difference is....

There is higher chance of meeting someone in a bar rather than online, this is from my experience. Don't limit yourself to just bars though..

How many messages are normal before you mention meeting up?

I wouldn't message too much or leave it too long, otherwise you're just online penpals. I'd say.. 10 messages max or three weeks, whatever comes first.

Heads up: Topcashback and Quidco are offering stupid amounts of cashback for match.con. Good for those that want to subsidise most of their sub fees.

Permabanned
Unfortunately with the latest guy shortly after we met my dads health deteriorated. I have no plans to look anytime soon and tbh really don't care right now.

This is a great example of how personality and looks have nothing to do with reality. There could be scenarios where people require a bit of time out.

Apez, no matter how good you profile may seem. Unless you are yourself it may take a wee while to attract someone. Then again you might find it could be in the few hours of been logged on.

Try not to ask for advice too much, have your own imagination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom