Who got a pay rise last year?

Suspended
Nope didn't get a pay rise. Didn't expect one, and wasn't disappointed in not getting one. We're in a recession, I don't understand when people ask for pay rises at the moment...

Because inflation is so high, if you don't get a pay rise, then you suffer a pay cut in real terms (i.e. everything is more expensive but you get paid no more).

Everyone should be looking for a pay rise at least in line with inflation.

Soldato
Haven't had a pay rise for a few years now, had to take a pay cut last year although it's recently been adjusted back to what I was on before. Working in the private sector with no union sucks balls :(

alx

alx

Soldato
Had about ~12% increase in pay since September 2010. Should be going up again (hopefully) in the next few months but it depends what happens with work and whether I stay with the consultancy I work for or move and become staff at the company I'm contracted out to.

Caporegime
Yep, 13.6% increase effective 1st Jan!

Sounds great, but they have also changed the bonus policy which results in a 37.5% drop in bonuses for me.

Net result (assuming I get 100% of my bonuses) is a 5.7% pay rise, which isn't that great considering inflation.

Soldato
I actually took at 2% decrease, new job, for the first 3 months then I'll be back where I was before. My previous employer actually mispaid my outstanding holiday so I'm actually better off slightly this year. In a year I'm due a salary review and the December bonus.

Soldato
I moved to a different job within my company ('based' in a different office with a much more expensive postcode), which has allowed me to be given a significant pay increase staggered in two increases (first in October 2011 (last financial year)) and January 2012 (this financial year)). I think there might be a small company-wide pay increase awarded in March but I won't get it as I have already had a big increase this financial year.

Soldato
About 2% pay scale increase (public sector). Missed out on a job opportunity that would have given me about 8.5% increase basic but likely cost me more in loss of weekend, night & bank holiday pay. Still gutted about it.

Edit: No bonus, obviously.

Associate
Irrelevant. Anything less than an inflation level pay rise is a reduction in your living standards. It's the least you should aspire to.

your post is irrelevant if you think everybody should "aspire" to at least an inflation payrise. I work in the plastics industry and in case you haven't noticed the price of oil has been through the roof for the past couple of years, which in turn has a serious adverse affect on my business, the price of virgin plastic is astronomical and buyers will only take up so much of the uptake, therefore redundancies are the only way, I'm lucky to have a job albeit for a company I dislike, as for a payrise!

Soldato
i'd love to know what sectors people work in to be getting 8 and 9% and 7+BONUS of X%

1% - Teaching and Learning/Advice & Guidance/Assessing

I work in manufacturing. The one industry the government seems desperate to kill off. We hold our own regardless.

Soldato
i'd love to know what sectors people work in to be getting 8 and 9% and 7+BONUS of X%

1% - Teaching and Learning/Advice & Guidance/Assessing

I work for a global Professional Services company, our turnover is pretty solid. There's a merit based scheme for salary increases & bonuses but as I converted my salary from a fixed term to a permenant I was able to negotiate a 5.5% increase. I also got a contractual 10% bonus for seeing out the term of my contract and I'm eligable for a 10% performance related bonus come July.

Associate
Got 5% today.

Its a well over due rise and not nearly what we should in reality be getting for type of work / responsibility we have to make sure things are done on time.

Back
Top Bottom