Im such an idiot. money advice needed

Soldato
Yes your an idiot, seek professional advice, DONT phone wonga, they will only offer more debt, seek a short term loan off your bank and even if you think you have given up gambling, you have not, its addictive, what idiot would even seek money from them in the 1st place is beyond me.

Sort it dude.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Yup, but yeah try calling Wonga if they cant help beg friends and relatives if not sell some stuff that you can live without for some time.
I wouldn't beg if I was the OP since he's unlikely to ever pay them back and it will sour his relationships with them.

OP, sell anything you own that is valuable and try to remember next time that borrowing to gamble is mind-numbingly stupid.

Also, get a cheaper phone contract. You don't need whatever handset came with it.

Soldato
What odd looking outgoings - rent & food but no utilities (water / electric). Do you live with you parents or something? If so, you need to speak to them ASAP.

As for the haircut - Argos sell clippers for £6.99 ;)

Soldato
Simple solution is to get a longer term lower interest loan to pay off what you owe to Wonga.

Shouldn't be hard as the Wong APR is something stupid like 4000%.

Get a manageable loan. Stop paying your gym. Cut down your contract. Let your hair grow a bit longer and you should be fine.

You should have a few hundred quid left a month as it is and if you're upfront about this to a manager in a Lloyds branch they should be able to give you a manageable loan to get rid of the silly Wonga debt.

Soldato
LOLOL at the £10 here, £15 pound there..
I don't think you are going to make £1500 in short order.

Sell your Christmas presents/PC/laptop/Phone/House/Grandmother.

and stop bloody gambling.

Soldato
£16 a month on hair? What are you, Cousin Itt?

Talk to your bank about your money problems and ask for advice. They might offer you a debt solution, freeze your overdraft or something.

Or go to a debt agency, they may be able to reduce your debts to £1 a month or something, then you ******* save and pay it off when you can. (I prefer to start small (or important) then work up).

Soldato
Do what Alex_6n2 says and once you've paid it off come back so everyone can tell you that you're gob-smackingly thick without feeling bad :p

Associate
I dont think i've paid for a hair cut in like errrrr.... ever, it was usualy family memebrs give it a buzz but the past 4 years i've been cutting my own with a hair trimmers i bought for the price of a hair cut.

I have saved my self over 4 years £768 going by how much your spend on your hair...

Cut your out goings to a min.
Sell things you dont need or dont use.
Work extra hours if possible in your current job or take up another part time job.

and finaly in OcUK style... buy a lottery ticket :D

Back
Top Bottom