**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I can see ubereem going for jds damaged knee the whole 1st 3-4 minutes with leg strikes and if he gets close enough a power shot..... but jds will be much more mobile and quicker, lighter and better cardio to last 3-4 rounds and hes gonna choose his shots with a long jabs and set his boxing/knock out punches.

jds has already opened as 2-1 favorite

but still feel overeem may get better odds come closer to fight night, its still a coin toss... overeem does seem hell bent on owning every belt but I still feel the competition he grabbed those belts from were on there way out or coming off losses... he sorta nicked all those belts lol

Associate
Along with the majority of fighters in all weight divisions, maybe not growth hormones but they're certainly on/have been on something.

They're trying to compete and the system is too easily duped. For every £1 spent trying to trace PEDs theres £10 trying to hide them.

If caught they need hit hard though, the message needs sent and at the minute suspensions and fines just don't cover it.

They can get trens and new steriods. In out system within 3hours, no trace left. If a random drug test comes along during that period - I'm ill, do it another day. As simple as abc.

You can tell overeem is 100% on something look at his neck stretch marks. Signs the growth is too fast for the skin expansion = sign of being on growth hormones.

Associate
Haha i think its pretty obvious they have both been on something

Lesnar in the UFC was a win/win for both sides (fans for UFC/money for lesnar) and im not surprised he has quit already giving his past record of quitting when things aren't all rosey for him, as i said before i cant fault him for trying different things and i doubt anybody else in the world could be thrown in the deepend of MMA and be so successful in such a short amount of time.

Lesnar never has and never will touch anything performance enhancing that's ilegal.

Associate
If it wasnt for lesnar i might not watch MMA today.

1st mma stuff i ever got linked to was the Cory Hill leg brake, which kinda didnt make me want to watch more. but then i saw some advert for lesnar vs Mir, and that was what got me into watching it.

and lesnar will always have his haters, and love him or hate him he has done as much if not more for the UFC than almost every one else, purely because he was a WWE guy, and had a lot of fans from that. which then lead them to be UFC fans.
go look up the UFC PPV buys, lesnar was main event in 4 out of the top 6.

i agree on his stand up was poor and although he can take a punch he cant react to taking one, and just goes into turtle mode. would have liked to see lesnar come into the UFC when he was under 30.

as for the reem been a fan of his for a few years now, and hopefully he can put most of his haters to sleep if he beats JDS.

Soldato
They can get trens and new steriods. In out system within 3hours, no trace left. If a random drug test comes along during that period - I'm ill, do it another day. As simple as abc.

You can tell overeem is 100% on something look at his neck stretch marks. Signs the growth is too fast for the skin expansion = sign of being on growth hormones.

While im not doubting he was on something be it illegal or not, it took him 6 years to put on 40lbs of muscle, im sure that's possible with the full time training he was doing.

Lesnar never has and never will touch anything performance enhancing that's ilegal.

While i doubt this i cannot prove it, yes he has taken HGH while legal but there is no proof he did anything illegal so there is no argument against this

Associate
While im not doubting he was on something be it illegal or not, it took him 6 years to put on 40lbs of muscle, im sure that's possible with the full time training he was doing.

While i doubt this i cannot prove it, yes he has taken HGH while legal but there is no proof he did anything illegal so there is no argument against this

Full time body builders eat 10-12 meals a day put on around 8-10pounds of muscle a year. Considering from 2003-2006 overeem wasn't hardcore training due to personal issues with his mum, means he only really bulked in 3-5years. It's possible but I'm saying many few people achieve them results. It's funny also he missed a drugs test and subsequently fleed the country or claimed he was going on holiday. Maybe the extra 30days allowed whatever was in him to pass out.

Soldato
Full time body builders eat 10-12 meals a day put on around 8-10pounds of muscle a year. Considering from 2003-2006 overeem wasn't hardcore training due to personal issues with his mum, means he only really bulked in 3-5years. It's possible but I'm saying many few people achieve them results. It's funny also he missed a drugs test and subsequently fleed the country or claimed he was going on holiday. Maybe the extra 30days allowed whatever was in him to pass out.

I agree very suspicious and pretty obvious tbh, but i was just saying it was possible if he put the work in

Associate
Yeah I get that. Lesnar is a deffo no no, legit body. He was born with a beast of a body like that and just worked with it. The different with overeem, he transformed his body, and it's pure muscle no fat.

Soldato
He didn't claim he was going on holiday, he went to visit his mum who was going for cancer treatment/care. He had booked the tickets before he was issued to take the test. Even the NSAC said he couldn't have known about the impending test which was issued 2 days later. Which is what helped his case in the first place.

Also he use to cut a lot of weight to fight at LHW. He stopped doing that, ate a lot more 8-10 meals a day started the weight training and got bigger. The guy is 6ft5 and although he weighed in at 263 he was clothed still so is usually around 250.
It's doable, did he do it without help? Who knows.
If he was cutting to be LHW he was >205 to start with so hes gained some where between maybe 20-30lbs in 5 years, by gained probably not even that. Probably some where close to his normal weight but just upped his training.

Look at the likes of Urijah Faber, that dude is ripped! Incredible shape and although he isn't quite 6ft5 or a monster he still has a great build. It's what happens when you spend 20 years training in fighting/wrestling.

What I don't get with Brock is, look at pics from his wrestling days. He's hell of a lot more ripped in those days than he is now, he looks slightly saggier/flabbier now then he did then?

Soldato
What I don't get with Brock is, look at pics from his wrestling days. He's hell of a lot more ripped in those days than he is now, he looks slightly saggier/flabbier now then he did then?

He was at ~320lbs while at WWE so obviously a lot more muscle mass, while in MMA he needed to be a lot lighter and also a lot more cardio was needed to get his body ready for fighting 15/25 min fights

Associate
as far as im concerned the reem is innocent until proven guilty.

some fighters have come out and said that 50%+ of people use some form of steroids. but its fairly rare any one in the UFC gets caught, maybe they do need to start doing year around Olympic level testing.

whos been caught this year ?

Chris leben - pain killers
nate marquardt - TRT
Thiago Silva - he gave a fake sample, if i remember correctly.

was any 1 else caught this year?

Soldato
Brock could have gone further in mma had he been willing to step outside his comfort zone and train in a new camp with a higher caliber of coaches and fighters. Instead he brings in unknowns to spar with, gets rid of coaches that initially trained him for mma and sticks with his own gym in the back end of nowhere. It was almost cringeworthy hearing him talk about how Pat Barry was helping him with his standup. Sure he might help but that gap between him and the other heavyweight strikers won't be bridged anytime soon.

Ideally if Brock was 5 years younger and had his full health we'd be seeing a different fighter down the road, but alas he didn't want to evolve his skill set to be a more complete fighter and it's all a moot point anyhow as he's retired. His athleticism is incredible for a man that size. To truly compete with the best he needed a lot more than that but wasn't willing to make the sacrifices to achieve it or start his mma career sooner. I wish him good luck. Most people never come back to sports after suffering his illness never mind take on two of the top heavyweight fighters in Velasquez and Overeem.

I thought Nate looked incredible with those pinpoint punches. I don't think I've seen such a high volume of successful strikes before in any fight. Very like Nick in the way he picked apart his opponent. Looking forward to him fighting again along with the new guy who was impressive against Nam Phan.

Not sure if it was just me and I've not read previous comments yet, but does anyone think JDS isn't getting the respect he deserves. He was in the octagon after Overeem beat Lesnar but he was just standing there in the background, no build up from Joe Rogan who was in the ring, no getting them to square off or ask questions. No doubt now the UFC will build this title fight up but I still can't shake Dana White in the post fight press conference when he won the title and now, still not many comments about the new champion. Compare it to Rashad Evans who stepped into the octagon and stared at Jon Jones, or Lesnar when he got into the octagon after Carwin won the interim belt. JDS just seems to be in the shadows.

Soldato
OP
I think Reem is going to underestimate JDS and get knocked out.

That's my opinion, JDS has serious power and a big speed advantage. His all around striking isn't as good as he mostly just boxes, but his hands to me look way better than Reems.

Soldato
I was thinking the same thing jds hands are awesome golden gloves champ I belive, however many sherdog fans are saying jds boxing is quite poor many times in his defence and striking... even in the cain fight !

Anyhow I can see him using his speed and avoiding any kicks and keeping his distance from overeem and only striking smartly using angles. Still it maybe better if he does do a Cain and goes for knockout in under 2-3 minutes otherwise he himself may not last that long.

Soldato
OP
It's the way Reem defends that worries me, watch some of his fights both MMA and K1, he uses a peekaboo guard which works in k1 due to the size of the gloves but not so much in MMA.

He may now be Ubereem, but his chin hasn't put on muscle.

For the record I don't mind who wins, I like both Reem and JDS.

Back
Top Bottom