Wtf is going on with Steam...

Soldato
Signed in, try and join my mates to play CS:S and ca't as it's signed me out saying some BS message that it can't contact servers even though my internet is working perfectly fine.

About to go out so I load up TF2 to idle, Steam can't sync TF2 and it's giving me a warning that i'll lose all my data if I click continue to play.

Had the disconnects at Xmas but it's never been this bad, especially now when I want to start it up and gtfo.

Permabanned
Signed in, try and join my mates to play CS:S and ca't as it's signed me out saying some BS message that it can't contact servers even though my internet is working perfectly fine.

About to go out so I load up TF2 to idle, Steam can't sync TF2 and it's giving me a warning that i'll lose all my data if I click continue to play.

Had the disconnects at Xmas but it's never been this bad, especially now when I want to start it up and gtfo.

Yea I'm having the same problem.Had this a few times in December too.

Permabanned
Another thread on it here - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18359099

"We'll be updating some of the Steam servers Tuesday January 3rd, 2011 around 16:00 PST (GMT-8). Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected. Content downloads and game play should not be affected. Downtime is expected to be short.

The server update is taking a little longer than expected; we'll be back up and running as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. "

Permabanned
As long as your game is not updating just restart steam in offline mode, I have and playing Skyrim just fine. The only reason you may not be able to play a game in offline mode is if it went down during a game update. I believe that is what steam tells us. But all my games are working just fine in offline mode :) Don't help with TF2 though, but does for the guy wanting to play Skyrim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom