Samsung set to launch ultra-thin zero bezel TVs

Soldato
http://www.whathifi.com/news/samsung-set-to-launch-ultra-thin-zero-bezel-tvs-in-201213

Was wondering how Samsung would out-do themselves in from their current range.

:eek::eek::D:

samsung_zero_bezel_TV.jpg

Samsung is planning to release zero-bezel TVs in late 2012 or 2013 to keep hold of its TV throne, according to our colleagues on Stuff.tv.

The current D8000 series TVs sport a mere 8mm bezel, but apparently that's still too much for Samsung.

Not only will Samsung's whole TV line get on board with the zero-bezel look, Samsung is also gunning to make the thinnest LCD/LED TV ever, according to Stuff's anonymous tipster.

With LG's 4mm thick OLED TV due for its debut at CES next week and Samsung's skinny, almost bezel-less 75in D9500 that landed in Korea in November, the next generation of TVs are set to be downright skeletal.

Soldato
seperate tuner box is like it use to be when plasmas first arrived, it will look awesome tho, the only thing not mentioned is speakers, will they be on a seperate bar !!

imagine one of these running ultra HD as well .

Man of Honour
I like how they show it off on a stand when the whole point of no bezel and ultra thin is for wall mounting.

75" :eek: how much does that cost.

Associate
looks very nice, would freak me out if i moved it and chipped the side:confused:
Wont be in the reach of the "normal" guy till next year i reckon.

Soldato
Not sure I'd want bezel less, looks a bit odd to me and I realy don't get the race to make TV's even thinner they have been thin enough for about 3 years now!

This! I personally find that a TV image is like a picture. Sometimes it just looks better with a frame!

On the other hand, give me zero bezel monitors for a triple screen eyefinity setup any day! :)

Soldato
Definitely going to wait for this tech to come to monitors before I make the move to Eyefinity. Very nice :)

I like thin bezel TVs/Monitors as it makes the screen feel bigger. My 47 inch LG has a 1 inch bezel around the edge and if it was thinner the screen would really get a bigger feel.
Plus if it was bezel-free then a 50 inch would probably take up no more diagonal space.

Soldato
Three of these vertically in eyefinity... I may just get rid of the projector... I guess I'll be waiting 5 years after release so I can afford it :D

Back
Top Bottom