Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Kind of a bike noob, but what do I need to convert my Hardrock 2012 to SS?

Doing it won't be a problem just not sure on what I have to get! Any recommendations? :)

Associate
single speed conversion kit for the rear, possibly chain, chainset and bottom bracket depeding on the kit your buying,

complete waste of time and money tbh with you, why not just run it in one gear and dont touch your shifters.....one free of charge single speed bike....

Soldato
First proper ride on my reign this afternoon, went to check out an old trail a friend and I built about 6 years ago, parts of which are still there surprisingly, although a tree had fallen across the landing of one of the main jumps. When he comes back from uni we may have to try and resurrect it!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/139957270#.TwnBMkNqVFA.email

70148e31.jpg

335ab1a7.jpg

Then I went into a woods near me where a mountain bike club has built quite a long xc type loop, pretty fun with some mild downhill sections, berms and some mini north shore type ladders and drops. Good fun!

5b1a7994.jpg

e32cbe12.jpg

d875fcb8.jpg

bab40c21.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What a day on the big bike - had the most fun I've had in a very long time.
Also super amped that I hit a run at Woburn doing all the gaps and step-ups along the way, which I've never done before. Turned out to be so **** easy.

Only one bigger line left now though, but I reckon it's going to be some time before I get that one nailed... ****ing massive gaps on it.

Soldato
The Forest of Dean was fun on Saturday, however I wouldn't advise a long drive just for the XC. The loop is only 7miles long, with only a handful of fun bits along the loop.

The final descent however is great fun. We did the loop twice and the final descent a few times, then did a few of the DH runs.

Vid of the first time down the fun bit on the XC loop

Soldato
Looks like fun! I remember doing the DH course there for the first time years ago, was brilliant. I think I may have to get over there soonish.

What sort of gear do you wear protection and clothing wise when your riding? I've only really got my roadie stuff, I don't think lycra bibs and tights would be appropriate on the mountain bike!

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like fun! I remember doing the DH course there for the first time years ago, was brilliant. I think I may have to get over there soonish.

What sort of gear do you wear protection and clothing wise when your riding? I've only really got my roadie stuff, I don't think lycra bibs and tights would be appropriate on the mountain bike!

For this kind of riding I just use my enduro helmet, some gloves and kneepads.
That said, I don't wear much more on the DH bike, the lid just changes over to a full face and then sometimes I also wear a neckbrace.

Soldato
One of my pals is away to demo this beast on Tuesday:

nomadc.jpg

He is already pretty set on getting one. Speccing it up with a 36 Talas. I told him to get a coil for it too. He also wants a dropper post for it. Am I a bad influence? :o

Associate
well i ll see how i get on with the sale and if its still here end of january then maybe we can come to an arrangement...

£900 is absolutely my maximum :( .... so if February is coming and you really are willing to sell it for that low then you shall have a deal. Only live ~40 minutes away so pick up would be easy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom