ASUS P8Z68-V LX any good?

Associate
I am on the verge of an upgrade and need some opinions on this board. i have read one review about it and they managed a 4.5GHz stable overclock on it. I want to know from anyone who owns one if they are good and does it provide easy overclocking? i will be overclocking the i5 in the near future.

Associate
its an intel chipset issue I believe and has been common since 1156, just search google for MSI cold boot, asus cold boot, gigabyte cold boot.....everyone has it.

Soldato

Stop spreading FUD,Asus don't have boot issues,you do know Asus have a BIOS setting called "Optional ROM Messages",its designed to display third party messages on boot up(hence double reboot) ,if you don't want it displayed you select "keep current" in BIOS for single fast boot up.

For your information my Asus V/Gen3 is still working great overclocked and boots first time all the time, no cold boot issues.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Stop spreading FUD,Asus don't have boot issues,you do know Asus have a BIOS setting called "Optional ROM Messages",its designed to display third party messages on boot up(hence double reboot) ,if you don't want it displayed you select "keep current" in BIOS for single fast boot up.

For your information my Asus V/Gen3 is still working great overclocked and boots first time all the time, no cold boot issues.

Perhaps you should read all the post by people with issues.

Thats like me saying there are no Gigabyte issues as my UD4 is fine. lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps you should read all the post by people with issues.

Thats like me saying there are no Gigabyte issues as my UD4 is fine. lol

You go out of your way to post anti-Asus posts on nearly every thread over the months ,you don't see me posting anti -Gigabyte/Msi/Asrock etc....something members here should be aware of.

I agree no board is perfect however Asus Z68 don't have cold boot issues caused by the board in general that I'm aware of ,user errors other hardware problems yes all boards have that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You go out of your way to post anti-Asus posts on nearly every thread over the months ,you don't see me posting anti -Gigabyte/Msi/Asrock etc....something members here should be aware of.

Just pointing out the facts when someone says only Gigabyte have issues, when clearly the facts say otherwise. Perhaps you should look around a bit.

Soldato
Just pointing out the facts when someone says only Gigabyte have issues, when clearly the facts say otherwise. Perhaps you should look around a bit.

Funny how you always link Asus rather then other brands maybe you think they are issue free ;) .
How about how many don't have issues compared to those that do?...that will give you a different percentage and outcome regardless of brand.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know if your trying to troll or not, but its well know that Asrock/msi have had weird issues also.

I'm not trolling what I'm saying is that in general you find more happy users regardless of brand in question ,sure you get users with problems (regardless of brand) but they are in the low percentage in general,throw in user error other possible hardware issues ie ram/crappy PSU or even faulty board you can see where I'm going.

Most reputable companies realize they can't afford to release bad motherboards/hardware,it damages their sales,however unfortunately things do happen beyond their control hence why all brands have a thing called warranty on their hardware.

RMA is one thing no brand is immune too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom