Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Should be going to Lee Quarry either the 22nd or the 29th.

Only been to Cannock and Llandegla so far so hoping Lee Quarry offers something a bit different. Judging by the videos on youtube it sees to have ore berms and rock features so looking forward to it.

I love berms but do get a bit shakey on rocky stuff so hoping this will sort it out a bit and get me some confidence.

Soldato
Supercow;
The last section of FoD is brilliant fun.. You can get some serious speed on the last little middle bit, just after the many up and down bits (technical eh?). Just watch for the stupid bunch on clowns pushing up as it intersects.
Can't wait to get back tbh...

Soldato
After the tech XC yesterday and another 26 miles on the rigid SS today, I think my new DHR might finally see dirt next weekend if the weather holds. It's been an expensive coat rack for 3 months :cool:

Niiice, had a quick blast one one just yesterday. Hope the weather holds up for ya!

Supercow;
The last section of FoD is brilliant fun.. You can get some serious speed on the last little middle bit, just after the many up and down bits (technical eh?). Just watch for the stupid bunch on clowns pushing up as it intersects.
Can't wait to get back tbh...

Yea it's great fun, the only problem is, the XC loop isn;t really worth doing almost, the rest is a bit rubbish.

Soldato
Yea it's great fun, the only problem is, the XC loop isn;t really worth doing almost, the rest is a bit rubbish.
Yeah I thought it was pretty lame too. Only about an hour's drive for me but I won't be going back. I genuinely thought I was riding the course backwards as it seems to be 75% climbing, with the occasional bit of downward pointing stuff that includes berms which are nowhere near big enough so you end up rolling right over them, or jack-knifing into the nearest bush.

I was on an XC hardtail though, now I have the Tracer I might have a bash on the DH courses just for larks.

Soldato
Watched a couple of vids on youtube, in Oxford so only an hour away, may check it at some point, how it is this time of year?

It's been fairly dry for the past few days here, and the course was really dry, a little muddy in places but nothing severe or to ruin the trail. I think it's been largely built with drainage in mind using gravel or whatever so I think it must stay pretty usable year round.

Soldato
I’ve been off doing any exercise for 3 weeks now :(:eek: I feel like I’ve lost all my fitness. Considering my aim this year was to get a podium in a 12 hour endurance race.... that feels like a million miles away. My knee is f00ked.

Anyway, I had to get the Epic bead blasted..... However the guy 'shot ' blasted and Aluminium has gone rusty (yes rusty). 1.5k frame pretty much destroyed. However I’m going to get it professionally resprayed by Argos cycles in April. Pretty sad about it to be honest!

In the meantime - I have this to tide me over. I haven’t even swung my leg over it...

In doors shot - lovely tea towl :)

Raw Carbon On one 456
2011 SID RLT 120mm
American Classic hubs on ZTR Alpine rim.
1x10 custom chainring
Hope mix and match headset
SRAM carbon X0 crank arms.
X9 shifters
X9 rear mech
Easton EA70 bar
Formula R1 brakes 2011
FRM ti seat post

Not weighed it but should be 21 - 22lbs considering its lighter than the Epic which was 23lbs.

Atleast I can still shred the trails with this?

Soldato
It's been fairly dry for the past few days here, and the course was really dry, a little muddy in places but nothing severe or to ruin the trail. I think it's been largely built with drainage in mind using gravel or whatever so I think it must stay pretty usable year round.

I'm surprised how dry it is in your pictures, as there has been major slush when I've been down recently. Also, naughty boy for riding on the unfinished trail section! ;) I love the look of the rocks that descend to a small bridge, will be a nice addition when it opens.

How often do you go down there? I'll say hello if I ever see your bike kicking around! Also... Watch out for walkers. Plenty of people seem to walk their dogs along the trail, including one immensely ignorant old man who refuses to accept that he is putting his dog, himself, and more importantly us in danger. Argfarghljgjk!!!!

Soldato
I'm surprised how dry it is in your pictures, as there has been major slush when I've been down recently. Also, naughty boy for riding on the unfinished trail section! ;) I love the look of the rocks that descend to a small bridge, will be a nice addition when it opens.

How often do you go down there? I'll say hello if I ever see your bike kicking around! Also... Watch out for walkers. Plenty of people seem to walk their dogs along the trail, including one immensely ignorant old man who refuses to accept that he is putting his dog, himself, and more importantly us in danger. Argfarghljgjk!!!!

Yeah, it has been quite dry for a few days now. That was the best part of the trail! Downhill two big berms into two small ladder jumps. :o

That was the first time I've been down there to be honest. I was quite impressed with the length of the trail, although shame there isnt a little more downhill or any bigger jumps.

Ah really, will do in future :)

Soldato
Really like that build janesssesyy. It's what I'd want to get some miles in. Also had illusions of grandeur for the gravity enduro races this year, but I've come to the shocking realisation that I'm muuuch further away from being fit enough for giving it a good go.

Soldato
Well, thats the strathpuffer done.
scaled.php

*Unfortunately, thats not actually an epic moustache/goatee combo i have going on, it's just convieniently placed mud :(

I'm still in a lot of pain today, but i'v entered another little race. 10 Under the Ben in may. Only 10 hours, should be a doddle :p

Associate
Managed to get rid of the hardtail on sat afternoon and just sold the Reign via Bikerader for the full £1250 i wanted. Guy got a cracking buy and i have my Anthem X fund plus £500 for some blue hope hubs, black stans rims and spokes and some gay blue spoke nipples......

roll on march ( by which point i should be fit as a fiddle! )

Soldato
Managed to get rid of the hardtail on sat afternoon and just sold the Reign via Bikerader for the full £1250 i wanted. Guy got a cracking buy and i have my Anthem X fund plus £500 for some blue hope hubs, black stans rims and spokes and some gay blue spoke nipples......

roll on march ( by which point i should be fit as a fiddle! )

nice one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom