Project: SR-2 Desk

Soldato
WOW! just.... WOW!

i really like the idea and want to do it :D

only problem is, i no longer work as a machinist :(

great job fella, really looking forward to seeing it finished

Associate
OP
So I've been a bit quiet of late, I wanted to have a bit more done for this update but it might be a week or so until I can get the rest done so it seemed like a good point to stop and post some pictures :)

Here's where we left off, I was about half way through the leg pieces, they had incomplete uprights and no end caps.

WEzy3.jpg

And then on with the new stuff :)

Finishing up the leg attachment bars

eynmE.jpg

QVE5L.jpg

yONl4.jpg

Making space for the power switch and usbs

X3IGC.jpg

xmWXo.jpg

Xb3m7.jpg

IurV7.jpg

vsNKv.jpg

G82Ry.jpg

Tft8E.jpg

KQjDl.jpg

mwraF.jpg

k8Mr6.jpg

Milled the slot for the DVD drive

zzwJw.jpg

cq9gO.jpg

DcpuE.jpg

These were a bit of a pain in the arse to make... but the came up nice in the end :)

gyWdJ.jpg

OvvCk.jpg

yJcXL.jpg

jvXNa.jpg

Right, back to the frame finished up the small angled sections so I could mount the panels to them...

qXLBq.jpg

9rCe5.jpg

O8XaX.jpg

D0w04.jpg

ORq5R.jpg

pQBdG.jpg

and an attached leg...

JrDlQ.jpg

The end caps came out well too :)

5WkkA.jpg

4u6DR.jpg

And back to the dvd drive...

aBt56.jpg

Au6bU.jpg

That's all for now as far as the desk goes :) The screws holding the usbs and DVD drive are just ones I found that fit, I'm waiting on the new ones that match the rest of the desk :)

Should be getting my replacement blocks from EK this week and I think I've found the colour I want to paint the frame... the panels will be black powder coat so mat black.

I was doing some climbing at an indoor wall a week or so ago and spotted a water bottle lying about... a red sigg bottle to be a bit more precise.

So what do you all think about...

p2YU8.jpg Red?

Back
Top Bottom