The 2012 Chilli growing thread - the second burn!

Soldato
Not fruity under tone. But curry was so easy to grow compare to the others and huge crop of chillies.

What one is that? Or is there one called "curry"?

Anybody bought from here?
http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/hot_chili_pepper_seed.htm

The other side for a "spec me a chilli seed" is that I would be growing in a window sill.
"Explosive Ember" and "Summer of Fire" are two I like the sounds of from the "small" plant collection.

Soldato
Thanks, I'll add it to my "order".
That website must list every type there is, it seems to go on for ever!

Still need to decide if I want/need a heated propagator and maybe grow lights.
Current plan (which no doubt will never happen :p) is to sow on lot start of feb, then an second batch april, start and end of sowing season.

Associate
Still got some plants in decent shape from last year but still have seeds of the following
Jalapeno
Satans Kiss
Cherry Bombs
Sweet Banana
Habanero chocolate
Shall start seeding them in the next few weeks won't do as many this year though

Soldato
Can anybody recommend an easy grow not too hot chilli? Will be used mostly in curries and the odd chilli so fruity undertones would be good as that's how I like curries.

I know I say this all the time but honestly I would just use the seeds out of what ever chillies you normally use from the super market, that way you will get a type that you know you will like and use plus it saves on seed costs. It's what I have always done!

Soldato
I know I say this all the time but honestly I would just use the seeds out of what ever chillies you normally use from the super market, that way you will get a type that you know you will like and use plus it saves on seed costs. It's what I have always done!

I don't currently use chilli's in a curry! I rely on dried powdery type spices to spice it up.

Man of Honour

You might as well just buy them , if you do that. It's not exactly cheap growing chillis and is a lot of time and effort. To grow something mediocre and cheap and easily obtainable.

Man of Honour
Yup to run nagas off season without importing would be very expensive.

Iirc we worked out my system at ~£18 a month, so indeed not exactly cheap. worked very well indeed and was relatively cheap compared to other methods. Been away all week, wonder if any of my over wintered plants (well just left in the garden) have done anything now they are repotted and under the lights.

Associate
R.e. the heated propogator, if you can afford one deffo get one, makes things so much easier not having to worry about keeping the seeds at the right temp etc, I've got 3 on the go at the moment, 2 small ones and one big one which it prob the same size as both of the little ones put together, all 3 from the orange coloured DIY store, if pennies are tight the heated props come on special offer there quite often

Matt

Back
Top Bottom